Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Too Much Time Between Blogs

Well, as you can see it has been busy! I did not mean for this much time to pass before blogging again, so I have much to try to catch you up on!

First the good stuff!
Sunday we had a baby dedication service for JC and one other baby in the church. It was a very special day to Jim and I. I think perhaps even more so now that Drew is getting more and more close to making a decision to trust Christ as his personal Savior.
I wish we had gotten a better picture of all of us together, but I will try to make that happen during the holidays.

Christmas has arrived at the Mayos!!

I know some of you are saying it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. I realize that. Traditionally we have taken today, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, as our day to do the decorating. However this year Jim and I both just felt the need to get it done this weekend while we were home and had the free time. We had a good time getting it done and feel like now we can just relax through the Thanksgiving holidays. Only one ornament bit the dust this year in the process of putting the tree together. Last year one glass ball broke and one ornament received major damage and required a lot of super glue. This year the casualty was one glass ball. Drew just wants to help so badly that he get a bit anxious and doesn't wait for help.
Sunday afternoon Jim's mom was with us following the baby dedication at church. She was gracious and watched the kids while Jim and I got the outside decor put up.


Now for a weight loss update:
I have lost just about 3lbs shy of 40lbs since giving birth to JC!! I have officialy dropped 1 pant size and 2 shirt sizes. It has been incredible to buy clothes that are not in the woman's department of the store! I did purchase a couple of pair of slacks and some blouses for work. I hope to be too small for them soon, but I had to have a few things since one of my pair of dress slacks were no longer wearable due to the risk of them falling off!! I have also been able to dig out of my closet 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of khakis, 2 dresses, all that have been too small on me for years! Now I have the great challenge of the holidays before me but I am determined to continue to work hard and even if I put on a few pounds with the holiday eating I will work it off soon after the holiday.

So I think that will just about catch you up for now. I will try to post pics and stories from Thanksgiving next week. I am going to work on a funny Drew video here in a sec and I am hoping to have a video of Drew singing in church this Sunday, if he actually does it, we will see! Also JC has started giving kisses to us! So sweet and makes me cry, I hope to get that on video and maybe some of my blog readers will get to see it for real this next week! Until next time!

No comments: