Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring is here!

Well it is certainly spring like or even early summer like outside today! It is a gorgeous 87 degrees today. We enjoyed this morning by going to the zoo with some friends. Well, the boys and I did. Jim had an honor band this weekend. I really missed having Jim around this weekend since it has been so very nice. Yesterday afternoon my sister and I took all of our boys to the park and ate a picnic dinner. That was nice and allowed us to really enjoy the outdoors. Although I think yesterday the atmosphere was more humid and heavy feeling. The boys certainly enjoyed it greatly! The playground at the park we went to was a little too big for JC to navigate on his own so I had to do all the climbing and sliding right along with him. Fun and I am sure quite a sight for those looking on!

With all our fun we have had I am now quite worn out! After the zoo and lunch the boys and I went out to Collierville for me to pick up something at the mall and then to Target to buy a birthday gift for a party that Drew will be going to tomorrow. We are enjoying a relaxing evening now. Dinner is done and cleaned up. Everyone is bathed and ready for bed. The boys are going to bed in about 10 minutes and Jim and I have a movie to watch tonight. It is nice to have him home early enough tonight for us to have some time together. I am going to post some pics and videos now. Some are just from over the last several weeks.

Leo hanging out in the yard

My nephew, Nathan, caught this frog in their neighbor's pond. Some of you will remember that this actually used to be my parents' house and that the pond was dug by Louis. This frog was MASSIVE! And there are many more like him there!

I took this just as we got to the zoo today. I kept telling Drew to smile. He looks like he is in pain in the picture!

Our crew at the zoo today, minus JC who was in the stroller!

My BFF, Stephanie, and her youngest daughter, Becca.

The meercats are always fun because they love an audience!

The sun was in our eyes really bad. But, the flowers were just so pretty and made the perfect backdrop.

The gang again. This was after our train ride. We had a great time all together. Stephanie even had an extra kid with her. They were all REALLY well behaved. One of my best zoo visits ever!









This is a video of JC playing with the dancing Elmo. This Elmo is pretty special to us. Jim's dad, Papa, gave it to Drew for his first Christmas. This also turned out to be our last Christmas with Ray. Drew always loved the Elmo. A couple of weekends ago while Jim was at a band function, JC just discovered the Elmo in the closet and brought it to me. I put batteries in it and he just laughed and got all excited about it. It was a neat moment to see him enjoying it so much and made me feel like he got a little piece of his Papa that morning!

No comments: