Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Not So Good Week

Well it has been awhile since I have posted anything, so I figured I should get on here and do something!

Our week started off with a sick kid. Actually he got sick last Thursday and we ended up at the dr on Friday and me missing work. We had the typical "virus". That is basically just a code word for doctors that means "we ain't doing nothin for ya lady". So we spent all weekend running fever and coughing, lovely! It is so frustrating to me to have a child that is sick in this way. When they run fever you cannot take them to school or the sitter, so somebody has to miss work. I must say that I am so very appreciative that my employer is extremely understanding of this and has always been very lenient about me needing to miss work or leave early, etc. So we finally get back to school on Tuesday and went to the sitter. He had a good day on his first day back and we had a good evening. Well that is where the good stuff ends. Wednesday morning we get a call that the babysitter's daughter is now running fever! So we made her sick obviously, makes me feel like scum. Then we go to school and manage to get in trouble for running down the hall and get our lady bug moved! So he spends the afternoon with me at work, that was incredibly productive, and we left work early to go home and deliver punishment for the bad behavior at school. That was completely dramatic but we ended it all by telling him we love him and hugging on him a bit and then left him to play in his room until time to get him bathed and ready for Awana. So all goes fairly well until we get ready to sit down for supper and now he begins complaining of his ear hurting. We brushed this off initially and consider it a tactic to not have to eat a sloppy jo sandwich. But he persisted in the complaining to the point that we called the minor medical clinic to determine how late they would be open. So we then gave him a choice of going to Cubbies or the Doctor, the child chose the doctor. So they take off to the clinic and I go to church. I will spare you all the details but we will just say that it was NOT a good night at Awana! Drew and Jim did not get away from the clinic until about 7:45 and headed to Walgreens to fill the prescription of antibiotic for the, yep you guessed it, ear infection! Jim was told it would be a 20 minute wait, so they perused the toy aisle. I got home and got ready for bed and waited, and waited, and waited, and finally called him. Somehow the 20 minute wait turned into a 45 minute wait! I mean come on! All they had to do was peel the label off the bottle of amoxcil and add the water, people I could have done the in less the 2 minutes! So by the time they get home Drew is an absolute zombie b/c he is so tired. We were barely able to get his clothes changed and in the bed. We did make him pee but I did not even bother with the teeth, and yes I know that is gross but these teeth will all fall out eventually anyway! Now we come to Thursday morning, a bright new day full of wonderful opportunities and absolutely beautiful weather. Thankfully we woke up totally pain free from the ear. We administered the morning doses of meds and left him to eat his breakfast and watch some of Kung Fu Panda. Bear in mind that part of his punishment yesterday was loss of tv/movie/video game privileges and so we woke of most anxious to watch this movie. It just arrived in the mail yesterday from Netflix. He and I left for work/school this morning, all was good. He was somewhat tired but he got to bed late and I knew that once he got going he would be fine. He is like his momma, he is not a morning person! Well I picked him up from school today and low and behold we got in trouble AGAIN! This time we were calling other kids names. I was completely flabbergasted and did not even know how to respond to him! All I could think is "Jim is going to kill him". So we will go home today to administer more punishment, I do not know what that will be yet. I have left it up to Jim. I can assure you he will not be seeing Kung Fu Panda in it's entirety today and probably not in the next couple of days!

I am thankful to report that the babysitter's daughter is better, but now she is sick! So her husband is watching the kids today. I am thinking he is either not real smart or a candidate for sainthood! He is in charge of 4 kids, 3 girls and Drew.

So I am ready for this week to draw to a close. Maybe my valentine will have something special for me this weekend (hint, hint Jim!).

1 comment:

4 J's said...

I say that Saint Joey is an appropriate title! I told him that he did more than most husbands yesterday and that includes changing 6 dirty diapers b/w the two girls! Hope you guys have a better weekend!