Monday, June 14, 2010

Hot Springs Vacation, Day 1

Well we had a great day of traveling yesterday. We arrived in the Hot Springs area around 10:45. We drove to Lake Catherine to have a picnic lunch and to swim in the lake and play at the beach lake. The sand was not quite what we had imagined it would be. We were expecting nice, white sand. Well this was more like gravel. But the kids all loved it and we spent about 2 1/2 hours there.

We then drove on in to Hot Springs but were still just a bit early for our hotel check in so we drove through the main part of town and checked out all the sites. It was nice to kinda get a feel for things. We even managed to find a Starbucks and I got a MUCH needed Caramel Macchiato!! We went on to the hotel and got all cleaned up and ready for dinner.

After dinner we took the kids to play putt putt golf. Jim and Drew played and I pushed JC around, or actually lifted and lowered his stroller up and down all the steps! It was not really a stroller friendly course but hey, I guess I got my work out for the day!!

After dinner we went to Scoops which had homemade ice cream. It was very good, but kinda expensive. I think the next time we have a sweet craving we will hit up one of the many Sonics for the buy one, get one free deal on shakes!

Day 1 was great! No major issues and we never really got lost. We all survived the car ride. JC went all day on only about 45 minutes of a nap! He slept all night, 9:30pm-6am, but from midnight on he was in our bed, so Jim and I neither one slept really good. I think I was achy from all the driving so I am hoping that I will sleep better tonight and maybe not with a 1 year old foot in my back! Hey, I could send Jim to sleep with Drew and just have JC in the bed, that is a thought!

Today we are heading to Magic Springs. They do not open until 11am so that is why we are still just hanging out in the hotel right now. I think it will be a fun day! It is very hot here though so we are going to have to be super careful about staying hydrated. So I will go now so I can slick my entire family up with some sunscreen and make ready for our fun, hot day!!

Here is a slide show of all our adventures so far...
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Hot Springs 1
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create a digital slideshow

No comments: