Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Checking in

Well we are officially done with all band competitions for the year! It was another great year for the OBHS Marching Band. I am always very proud of Jim and the work that he does and this year was no exception! We are all very glad it is over. As much fun as it and as great as it is to watch them perform we are glad to have the hubby and daddy back home in the afternoons and on Saturdays! We have a couple more regular season games and then we will be in playoff season.

The first major big news is that Drew made Principal's List for his report card!! All A's and all S's in conduct! WoooHooo! We are so very proud of him!

We have had all sorts of things going on. Two weeks ago I took the kids to a football game for the first time this season. They were really very good. I was actually expecting it to be really bad and stressful and I was most pleasantly surprised! JC was absolutely mesmerized by the drums! Drew was a big helper. We stayed through half time and got to visit with Jim a little bit and still got home about 8:30. That Saturday Jim had a competition in Southaven. It was very nice that this one was so close wo we got to have Jim home for the morning! This made our day MUCH easier! We were able to enjoy the morning having a leisurely breakfast and getting some laundry and stuff done. After Jim left we got ready to go to my mom’s for the evening. My sister and her boys came too and we had a wonderful time visiting and letting the kids play. It was a nice distraction from being home alone with the kids. Of course being all together is exhausting too! I was still running around behind JC a lot. My sister and I had already discussed that we would bath my 2 kids plus her 2 youngest together in my mom’s big tub before leaving. I wanted to be ready to just put them in the bed when I got home. So we got the kids in the bathroom to get them in the tub. I had just taken JC’s clothes off and was checking the water temp before putting him in and he started peeing on me! I was so frustrated at this point! So I came home quite tired and with JC pee on my leg! All in all though it was a really good day and I really enjoyed the visit with my parents.

This past weekend we had the last band competition for the season. Some good friends kept the boys over night for us so I got to go and even ride with Jim on the bus. Not that riding on a bus is a great fun thing to me but it was nice to just get to be with him since we had been seperated so much lately. As a matter of fact, this is the third time we have had someone keep our kids this fall for me to go to a band function. One of the parents has noticed this and thinks that Jim and I really need to rethink our idea of a date night!! HA!

Sunday afternoon the Sunday School class that we have been visiting was going on an outing to eat lunch and to Cedar Hill Farms. We have been back and forth about going because of the money and because of it being Sunday afternoon and right in the middle of nap time and all. But as it turned out I won 2 tickets to get in so we decided since we only had to pay for one person (JC is under 2 and free to get in) that we would go. Well on Sunday we finally got some rain!! Unfortunatley that much needed rain made it impossible to go to Cedar Hill Farms. We did get to eat a picnic lunch at Congor Park and then we went ahead and let Drew pick out a pumpkin since that was his reward for his report card. We are planning to go this Friday back to the farm. Jim has a week off because it is an away game that the band does not have to travel to. So I hope to get lots of great pics of them there! For now enjoy the pics below that are from the last several weeks!


Hanging out with mom while dad was at a middle school football game


Watching TV on Friday night while dad was at the football game.

Check out what I can do all by myself now....




Ready to carve the pumpkin

Drew demonstrating what he wanted the pumpkin face to look like


The finished product!

No comments: