Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Big Things Going On!!

The most exciting news ever!!!

A week ago today Drew ask Jesus into his heart to be his personal Lord and Savior!! This is something that Jim and I have been praying about for a long time, really since he was born. We are so excited that he made this decision. He will begin attending a class for new Christians this Sunday. This is for about 7 weeks and then after that we should be planning a time for him to be baptized. Of course we will let everyone know and hope that many of you can be there with us for this very special time!

The last week has been very busy with activities! Last week we made the big move into the new office! I am so excited to have a real office of my own! The new space is really beautiful. The guys that worked so hard can not possibly know how much their hard work is appreciated. The move was very successful and without great incident.



On Friday I had promised Drew to take him to see my new office. He was very excited to see it. I also took he and JC out on the playground at the church for a little play time. Here are some pics from our time playing!








They had a great time, as you can see!!

Saturday morning we got up and had a very leisurely morning at home. This was Jim’s first Saturday off from band competitions. After getting a little extra sleep and a great home cooked breakfast we got ready and went to Cedar Hill Farms for some great fall fun! See the pics from our fun below…










After all our fun at the farm we went and had lunch together and then did some Walmart shopping. It was a very good day but by the time we got home we were all worn out. I made a nice hot pot of bean soup. The weather was perfect for a relaxing evening in the house with a good fall meal like soup!

Sunday was Halloween. We had our Fall Festival at church so the kids got to dress up and have fun and stay safe. JC was a lion and Drew was Luke Skywalker. Check out all the fun below...










We were really glad that our friends, the Hanks, could join us for the fun. This was our first Fall Festival at our new church home. It was a great time. We are starting to make connections with people and build some friendships. We are so thankful that God has brought us to LHBC.

Yesterday afternoon we took JC for his first haircut! He was so good, really better than I had anticipated he would be. Here are some pics of this momentous occasion!









Well, as usual our days are busy! I was told yesterday that we are only 7 weeks from Christmas. I am now in panic mode! I cannot believe that it is almost that time of year. I am looking forward to the holidays and the time spent with family, but I am not looking forward to the shopping. I seems I go through cycles where some years I am on fire and have everything done before Thanksgiving and then I have a year, like this one, where I seem to be dragging my feet and dreading it all. I think the most important thing I can do in all of it is remember why I am celebratin. It is the time for us to remember the birth of our Lord Jesus! This year will be especially wonderful since Drew will be able to celebrate it as a new believer!

Well, that is all for now!

No comments: