Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Funny Kid Moment

This was so funny last night that I wanted to share it with ya'll!

Towards the end of our supper after the countless times we had told Drew to quit playing with the food, quip singing at the table, quit just drinking the drink and EAT HIS SUPPER, I was getting up to clean my place and ask Jim about the tea he had made. We do not use sugar in my house, we sweeten with splenda or the Walmart alternative, Altern. Jim had made the tea and it was WAY too sweet for my taste. I told him this, not in a mean way or anything, just told him it was too sweet and gave him my cup so he could drink what was left of mine. As I worked my way to the kitchen to begin the clean up I heard Drew promptly ask his daddy why he had 2 cups. Jim told him that he had made the tea too sweet and that I had given my cup to him to drink. Drew's response to this was to hold his hand up next to his face and look at his daddy and say "It's Spankin Time". I did not exactly hear this exchange but Jim's immediate response to this caused me to rush back in the room and see what exactly had happened. He relayed the story to me and I began to double over in laughter. We proceeded to grill Drew about where he had heard this statement. Although we certainly do not "spare the rod" in our house this is not anything we have EVER said to him or anyone for that matter! He continually told us that no one taught him this but he came up with it all on his own. Amazing! I told Jim that this was what $190 a month for Preschool education was getting us! I am sure this is just the beginning of many not so great remarks he will come up with. It was hard to be harsh about it when Jim and I were laughing hysterically at the situation anyway!

No comments: