Friday, October 2, 2009

Catching Up

I have so much to get you all caught up on! It has been incredibly hectic since my last post.

As you know we are in full swing of Marching Band season. The band is doing superb! Last weekend they had their first two competition, both in one day! In both they placed 2nd over all. In the morning competition Jim's drummers came in 1st overall, yeah!, and in the second they were 2nd overall! This has been very exciting and he has been getting many compliments on them this year. This is his 10th year of teaching, all at OB, so it has been really exciting to be getting the best scores of his career! It has not all been easy or great years but having this success makes it all worth it. I am so proud of him and his students! Of course he has more competitions all throughout the month of October so we will not see him around the house too much. It is a fun but challenging time of year so please pray for all of us. In addition to all the band competitions we have football games on Friday nights. The boys and I have been to 2 home games thus far. They really do good at them. JC just sits in my lap and Drew is able to sit and do his own thing pretty much. I love going to the games and really enjoy watching the game, so it is nice that they are good and I can enjoy it. Tonight is the BIG game, OB at South Panola! I would LOVE to see our boys beat some Tiger Tail! I will not be traveling into the chaos that will be this game! Fortunately they will be airing it live on Channel 5 so I will be watching it from home! I will have to watch my excitement though. The last time we played them and it was on tv I yelled at the tv and scared Drew!

Now for a Weight Loss Challenge update. I lost 4.6lbs in week one!!!! I was so very excited and motivated to continue. I have been working hard to get through week 2. It is hard when I am home by myself with the kids. That is the time that I snack more than any other. I think it is boredom and not having Jim around to talk to. Imagine that, I would rather talk than eat!!! Monday will be my next weigh in. My goal is for 1lb per week. I do not expect to have big losses like I did last week. Often when you start a program you lose a lot of water weight that you are carrying. I will try to update on Tuesday with another report on my loss.

And now for some kid updates. JC is officially 4 months old as of last Saturday. He is a big boy. I really think he looks like me, not Jim. He talks a lot. He is getting close to rolling over from his back to front. He is a BIG flirt! They love him at the daycare. He just smiles and laughs for them all whenever they talk to him. We go to the doctor in the morning for his 4mon check up and shots. I will post all the specifics on weight and measurements after that.
As for Drew, he is going strong in school. For the most part we are doing really good, although his car has been moved off the track twice this week for not listening. I am trying to not get too worked up over this. The teacher told me that it is basically a warning, not major discipline as far as she is concerned. He does lose all tv/computer/video game privileges for the day when it moves to yellow. If it goes to red, which has not happened, then he gets a spanking. He knows and seems to understand what he is doing wrong. He actually told me last night at prayer time that we needed to pray about his car getting moved and that he will do better. So maybe that means he is progressing. Today they had to dress up like a nursery rhyme character. He is Little Boy Blue. Jim got him a toy bugle from the dollar store and he wore all blue today. I will try to take a pic of him when we get home today. Pictures are not something that happens at our house in the morning! Drew is starting to ask more and more questions about Jesus and salvation. He and I actually went through the ABC of becoming a Christian last Saturday. He has an understanding of it all but does not seem to understand his need for salvation yet. Please pray for his heart to be turned toward Jesus. I know it is coming, I just want to lead him in the right direction and not push before it is God's time. It is very exciting to talk to him about it though!

Well that will get you up to date on the Mayos! I promise to TRY to post all the info on the dr visit tomorrow, notice I said try! Enjoy the pic show below. It is just some random shots from around the house over the last week.
Click to play this Smilebox greeting: October 2, 2009
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

No comments: