Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A New Day


Well today I have started a new diet/weight loss plan. I will not discuss all the specific details of it at this time until I feel that is it working and worth bragging about. I did join a group for a "Weight Loss Challenge". This is being led by a lady from my church. We will meet for 12 weeks and basically be a support and encouragement group for one another. Each participant can follow whatever diet plan they wish. I am really very excited about it and really hoping for positive results. One of the things that she said last night which I really liked was that you don't need to come into this with a big goal of losing like 50lbs. Instead just say I want to lose 10 and when you get that 10 off go for 10 more. I like that approach, it is sensible and doable. So I ask your prayers for me as I continue in my quest to be a healthier woman, wife, mom and Christian. I feel very strongly that it is my responsibility to set a good example for my boys, not of being a skinny momma but a healthy mom. Healthy may not ever mean that I fit back into a size 8 or even a 10. I am excited about this new venture. I have been working on weight loss since the gestational diabetes diagnosis but in the last month have gotten really lax and put back on about 8lbs.

The other healthy habit that I have established since the baby arrived is exercise! And yes some of you know I get up at 4am to do it, but I feel so much better for it! I actually started a new workout dvd today, I LOVE it!!! I will brag about it a bit. It is Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 5 Day Slim Down. I have done her walking workouts before and they are awesome. This one has 5 different 1 mile walks, one for each day of the work week, as well as a warm up and cool down. It took me about 30 minutes to do the whole thing this morning. It went by really quickly and it was challenging but fun. It is designed that if you wish to do more than one mile you can. However with time constraints 1 mile is just about all I can get in on a week day, I may push for more on the weekends.

I will say that as I have been on this journey of creating a new healthier me that i have seen many of my priorities change, in a good way! Here are a few things that I really don't stress out too much over anymore:

1. How clean my house is. There are just more important things in life. If you want to come by my house and do the white glove test I will go ahead and save you the gas and let you know it fails. It my potties are clean and you can not see too much dirt on the floor it is fine by me!

2. Hair/Makeup. Now don't get me wrong on this, I make sure I look presentable each day and do wash my hair. I just don't fuss over this the way I used to. I am a big advocate for proper skin care for your face. When I was growing up I was told that every night you do not wash your face, regardless of if you are wearing makeup or not, it ages your face 7 days! I don't know about you but I sure don't want to look 30 even though I feel it sometimes!! All I am saying on this is that it now takes me on average about 5 minutes to put on my make up and about 10 minutes on the hair. I am trying to work out the hair so that I do not have to use the straightening iron each morning but I am not there yet!

3. Being involved in everything. This spans several areas of my life, like church, band, school stuff. I have learned well over the last few years to say NO! I love being involved in stuff. And truth be told I love the fast pace life we lead with very little down time, but it takes it toll on you. I have slimmed down my responsibilities at church. This was hard to do b/c I want to be involved and want things to go well, but the thing is if God has not called me to it then I am wrong for doing it. I will not receive eternal glory for it. Now I may get a pat on the back for all the hard work but all the crowns I earned are burning up! As far as the band goes I will be going to only one band competition this year. That is really hard for me. Every year I have gone with Jim to Tupelo for State Festival and Contest, even the year before we married. This will be the first year I miss it. That is really hard for me but with JC being as young as he is there are limitations to what I can do. We are making the ballgames right now and that has been fun, but the competitions will go on without me this year. I will be cheering for them from home and wishing I was there. School stuff for Drew is absolutely ridiculous already! We are less than 2 months into school and already we have had 2 fundraisers and now the PTO is about to start one. This momma ain't doing 'em! I know, I know, it is my child's education and the school that will benefit from it. Well I am not hitting up every family member and friend I have for money. So that too will go on without me. I did make the effort to join the PTO and went to the first meeting which lasted almost 2 1/2 hours! I do plan to continue going to those, and that is the best I will do!

Wow, this turned into a much longer post than I intended! Well that is what is going on! Maybe by the end of the week I will get some pics of my boys and post them, but I won't stress over it!

No comments: