Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Well here it is, another full week has flown by and I have not had any time to blog!! This was a crazy busy week, even for us! We had 2 band concerts this week, the boys and I did not attend but that meant doing the regular routine here at home alone and that is pretty stressful! We had a band banquet and another ball game. Friday night we did get to be at home, so nice, Jim did some grilling, so we had an awesome dinner. Saturday was completely packed with a graduation and a wedding that evening! Whoa, so today my Mother's Day request was to not have to prepare lunch and to just stay home! And my wish was granted! We picked up McAllister's for lunch. We had originally planned to go out but JC is usually passed out before we get home from church, because he refuses to sleep there, so we decided it would be more enjoyable to just come home and eat here. Lunch was good and the best part was that is all went in the garbage at the end with not dishes to clean up!! Then we laid down and took a LONG nap, sure I will pay for that come bed time! It was nice though and I really needed the down time today. So since 4:30 we have been busy getting things ready for tomorrow and the week ahead, doing laundry, and putting some things in the attic which turned into a garage straightening up project because I found several unsightly messes that Jim had left out there!! So now I am blogging and after this plan to spend some time doing some Bible reading and beginning to look at my Sunday School lesson for next week. It has really been a good Mother's Day!

Friday I went to Drew's school for "Muffins with Moms" event. It was really nice. Here are some pics...



They sang a couple of songs for us and I got the second one on video, here it is...


Yesterday we attended a graduation for the son of some very good friends. It was a home school graduation for the Memphis Home Educators Association. It was such a nice ceremony and the boys were really very good for it. The young man we went to see graduate has done so well. He actually received an appointment to the military academy at West Point. They made a presentation to him at the ceremony and talked about how out of 13,000 applicants they only take 1300 students and he was one of those! He was also one of the Outstanding Students for the graduating class. When we first met these folks he was only about 8 or 9 and we have seen him grown into a smart, handsome, and godly young man! It was truly our privilege to be there yesterday and share in such a special time for their family. As I watched them and the pride and love they had for their son I hope that we will be that supportive and loving to our boys no matter what they accomplish and what they decide to do.

Today at church we had baby dedication. We have been abundantly blessed lately at church with many new babies! Today 6 of those children were dedicated. It is always a blessing to see families committing to raise their children to love the Lord. Today we had a very special dedication for a sweet, precious little girl that was born very early and weighed less than 2lbs at the time. She spent 5 months in the hospital and today was the very first time she attended church. It was indescribably watching them up there on stage with her! I cried happy tears at the miracle that she is and the testimony of seeing with our own eyes how God answers prayer. At this time we have another precious family in our church that is going through an almost identical situation. Their precious daughter is beginning to show great signs of improvement and may be coming home soon. She was born at the end of February. Again God has chosen to answer our prayers in healing this baby girl. Both of these situations have reminded me of just how blessed Jim and I were with both of our pregnancies and births. Our boys were healthy and never had a moments trouble. I know that I take it for granted that God has blessed us in this way.

Well let me share a little bit about JC and his progress since I am talking about babies. He is getting so very active. He crawls everywhere, FAST, and is pulling up to standing on most anything he can get to. He started coasting a little around the couch recently. He has not shown any moves of wanting to try to stand alone or walk, but I do not think it will be long. He is so much braver than Drew ever was, which seems to result in many bumps and bruises! All part of toddling around though, just typing that makes me sad to think that he is moving beyond baby to toddler!! It has really gone by fast and I will stop about all that as I am getting all choked up right now!

Well that is gonna be it from the Mayos tonight. I hope that all our friends out there enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day and I want to say a special Happy Mother's Day to all those out there that do not have children of their own but are mother's to so many!

No comments: