Friday, November 19, 2010

Trying Something New

So I decided to just type out what I would have blogged on Friday night on my laptop. I saved the file to my phone and then put the file on my work computer and am now going to copy and paste it! Pretty ingenious I think!

I just watched the most delightful movie, Miss Potter, starring Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor. I got it from the library today. On Fridays I try to take Drew by there to get some movies for the weekend. They are free there and we get to keep them for the entire weekend. This movie was the story of Beatrix Potter, the author of The Tale of Peter Rabbit. It made me laugh, made me smile, and made me cry! I highly recommend it!

Well tonight Jim had the last football game for this year. We managed to make it to the second round of playoffs and played South Panola tonight. Of course we lost, but from the reports I have heard thus far it sounds as though we put up quite a fight. The boys and I stayed home. It is just too cold now to be out at the ball field with the boys. We had a good evening here at home. JC actually took a late afternoon nap because he did not nap good at day care and I really did not want to put him to bed early on a Friday night only to have him wake up early on Saturday morning! So after his nap I fed them dinner and then we did some big cleaning out in Drew’s room. We cleaned out all the toys and put things in there proper place. We filled up a box full of toys and books to give away. Drew was really very good about it. I had prepared him ahead of time that we were going to do this but I still expected the whining and begging to keep some of the silly happy meal toys and stuff! He was so good about it all though, not once did he complain about something I wanted to get rid of. I was very proud of him. I hope this is a result of some spiritual growth in his life.

Well that is it for tonight. I got another movie for Jim and I to watch tomorrow, His, Mine, and Ours with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. We will see if Jim can stay awake for it after a full day of house cleaning!

No comments: