Friday, December 3, 2010

Sunday

I wrote this blog on Sunday. I just now have had a chance to upload it! I am about to do another blog with more info from the last week and pics.

Sunday, November 28, 2010:
Well, the Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone and now as I sit on Sunday afternoon typing this blog post I am wondering how the last 4 days have passed by so quickly! We really did have a wonderful holiday though. It all started off on Tuesday evening. We went to Southaven that evening to go grocery shopping at Aldi and Kroger and we went by my sister’s house to get her old Christmas tree. She decided to buy a new one so we got her old one, which is a 7 ft tree that is very skinny. It is a bit taller than our old one but the thing I really love about it is that it is so much less tree around. So, after we picked up the tree and went to the grocery store we decided to have dinner out at the IHOP. This has been one our favorite family dinner locations. The kids eat free there and they eat well there, so it is great! We came home from there and actually put the tree together. I did go ahead and put the angel on top and the ribbons running down it, but we were not going to decorate it until the next day. Wednesday I did have to work but Jim stayed home with the boys. I got to come home a little bit early and we began the decorating when I got here. We really did not put much out this year. JC is in such an active stage and he has a tendency to get into things, so we decided that it would be safer to decorate very minimally this year. It looks very nice though and it will be fairly easy to clean it all up after Christmas is over. Usually we have all decorated together but this year is was mainly just me doing it! This was mostly because JC was so busy trying to get into all the boxes of decorations that Jim pretty much just had to corral him away from the living room! Drew was just busy doing his own thing so I did not have a whole lot of help. That night, after the decorating was done, Drew, Jim and I sat down to watch a movie. I had gotten A Christmas Carol from the Redbox. It was about 7:30pm when we sat down to watch it. We got to the part just before the ghost of Marley was to appear and the dvd messed up! It was quite frustrating! Jim called the number on the back of the case and the person at Redbox was most hopeful. They gave us 2 codes for free rentals. Jim was able to go and get us the same movie at another location. However, by the time he got home it was after 9pm! It was nearly 11pm when it was over and we went to bed. It was fun though. It was a really good movie and Drew enjoyed it. We all slept in on Thursday morning. We had prepared a breakfast casserole the night before so I got up and cooked that and perked some coffee and we have a wonderful breakfast and then just sat around and watched the parade. It was nice to relax and spend some great time together as a family. We headed to my mom’s around noon and had a dinner there with all my family.

Well that night the real fun began! My mom, sister, aunt, and I headed out to begin our Black Friday shopping at 11pm on Thanksgiving night. We went to Wal-Mart to be there for the sale beginning at 12:01am. We got back to my mom’s around 12:45am and headed back out for Kohls at 2:30am! Yes, you read that correctly, 2:30am. We were there at 3am when they opened the doors. We were in Kohls for quite some time since it took about an hour and a half to check out. After leaving Kohls we headed to Target and after that it was nearly 6am so we headed to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast. By then we were in serious need of some nourishment and coffee for fuel! We headed on to the mall in Southaven after that and then on out to the mall in Collierville. I got home just before noon. So that was over 12 hours of shopping! Oh my, I just realized that as I typed it, I am pretty nuts!! It was fun though. I did get some awesome deals but mostly I really enjoyed the time of fellowship with the ladies of my family!

Yesterday we went to my mother-in-law’s for Thanksgiving with Jim’s family. It was a really great visit with them. Jim’s brother cooked the turkey and dressing and they were both incredibly good! It was a really good afternoon. Jim and the other guys helped get her Christmas decorations out so that she can begin her decorating. Drew played with his cousins and seemed to have a really good time. He is a several years younger than them so he is just getting to an age where they really can play all together. It ended up being quite pleasant outside yesterday afternoon so they were able to play outdoors some too. It is always good for them to be able to get outside and burn off some energy.

Today has been a mostly usual Sunday. We went to church this morning. I went and met some friend’s for lunch. It was so nice to visit with them. We have not gotten together for some time. We sat and visited for hours at the restaurant.

Well, it was a busy but wonderful holiday! I know that before we know it we will be celebrating Christmas. The weeks ahead are so very busy with parties and activities. I will do my best to blog as often as I can. I am trying to type out my thoughts at home and upload them when I am in the office. So until next time that is all!

No comments: