Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let's just pretend that it has not been 15 days since I posted!

Oh, my poor little blog. How I have neglected you these past 2 weeks. Even now, as I type, I really do not have time to do this but I have no motivation to do anything else and 20 minutes before the dryer buzzes at me again, so here I sit!

Where have the last two weeks gone! Well lets see, I have been buried under a sea of tax paperwork at the office, that is a lot of it. We have been busy around here and have had lots of cold winter weather. Tonight it is actually snowing again and has apparently caused another pandemic case of snow fever throughout Desoto County school kids! I am afraid they will be sorely dissapointed though, as it is far too warm for this one to do anything. Even Jim has now gotten tired of "Snow Days". They have already missed 3 now. That eliminates their 2 built in days that were in February and now tacks one on at the end of the year. There are 2 more days built in at the end of the year and at the rate we are going we are likely to lose those and end up at school on a Saturday!

Well in my rush to make a quick post let me share a few little details about today.

Today was BUSY! I had to check Drew out early today to for a dental appointment. Originally, my plan was to take Drew to the dentist alone and then go back to get JC from Elizabeth's house. But, I ended up scheduling haircuts for Jim and both boys this afternoon after the dental appointment so I just picked him up early too and took him with us. MAJOR MISTAKE: WILL NOT DO THIS EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!! He was HORRIBLE! He was totally that kid you see out in public that you think, "Gee, I cannot believe that mom/dad has no control over their child. That kid is horrible." Yes, that was me today, the out of control mom. If there had been any way I could have gotten somewhere that office waiting room and popped him one good one on that padded rear of his I would have! Thankfully they were really quick and we were out of there in 30 minutes. We actually had time to run home and let the dog out before meeting Jim at the hair salon. Well, he wasn't a whole lot better there, but at least then I had Jim to share the badness with! He did great for his hair cut though, only his second one. She still just used the scissors on him for the most part and just used the trimmers to clean him up. Maybe by next time he will be ready for the clippers like daddy and Drew.

I planned ahead for our busy day and had chili cooking in the crockpot. It turned out to be a great meal for the kind of cold, wet day that we have had. We had that and corn bread muffins (Jiffy mix with a touch of splenda added! Always a hit at my house!) Everyone ate great! The only problem is that apparently for every bite that went in JC's mouth 3 went on the floor! There was corn bread crumbs EVERYWHERE under both kids chairs! I even found a few suspect crumbs under Jim's chair too so I am not so sure he did not contribute to the mess. I had to literally vacuum out JC's highchair, the floor around the table, all of their chairs and the table top itself before I could even wipe it down with a rag! Seriously!!! Not fun! But it is all done now and I am doing this!

I am going to have to get off soon because the warning buzzer on the dryer just sounded, but one for thing...

This morning in the car Drew ask me when he would be a teenager. I told him technically he would be a teenager when he is 13 and since he is just about to turn 7 that would mean in 6 more years he will be almost a teenager. After sharing this information with him I added 6 to my own age and realized that I will be dangerously close to 40 at that point and that Jim will be 40! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! Just the thought of it now is making me edgy!

Oh, and here are a couple of picks that we have taken over the last two weeks...
This is JC using the swiffer floor cleaner. He saw me putting it away after using it and threw a fit to have it. At first I just gave it to him without the cleaning cloth on it. Then after about 10 minutes of him running it all over the floor I told Jim we could stick a cloth on there and at least get some use out of all the activity! He literally played with this for over 30 minutes. He and Drew actually fought over who could play with it! Seriously! Now in about 2 or 3 more years when this is on the "Chore List" for that day and they whine and complain about it and tell me how uncool I am for making them to it, I am going to pull out these photos, and a video once I capture one of them with it, and show them how cool it was at this point in their lives!

No comments: