Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wonderful, restful, weekend!

This has been a wonderfully lazy weekend to follow two incredibly busy holiday weekends!

Jim went to church for Men's Breakfast this morning, so we still had to get up and get going, but not nearly as early as usual. I took my shower before he left but just spent the morning in my pjs after that. I got the boys breakfast ready and started some laundry. Just a little bit of around the house chores. I spent the afternoon out with my best friend. We went to lunch and got pedicures. This was my birthday gift from her.

So while Jim was gone this morning I played with the camera just a bit...
JC got his new favorite toy, the laundry basket, out for a bit.

Then he decided to pose for a picture or two!

Drew wanted to play with his new sticker book. JC had to be right there with him for that! They love sitting at the new table/desk area in the kitchen.

After a while I had to go put on my makeup and fix my hair. It was getting close to time for me to leave and Jim was still not home. I took JC with me to the bathroom and he decided to occupy himself with my drawer of lotions and body sprays...
He had them all laid out like this on his own. This picture was actually taken after Jim got home. He jabbered to Jim all about them, as if he was giving a sales pitch on all these products!

He especially liked demonstrating how the caps can be taken off and put back on the body spray bottles!!

Dinner tonight was a pot roast with carrots and potatoes all cooked in the crock pot. It was awesome and I only had one dish to clean up! We are getting ready now to watch the Family Movie Night movie that is coming on tonight. I am excited about it. The preview of the movie looks really good and it is supposed to have only family friendly commercials and not as many commercials as normally during a tv movie, we will see!

Happy weekend everybody! If you are in the North MS area you are probably hearing the tales of the winter storm coming our way. We are not wishing for it but if we get snow I just want it to be enough for the kids to play in. If we get that kind of snow there will be much more blogging to come with snow pics! Okay, maybe I am wishing for it just a little!!

No comments: