Friday, August 15, 2008

Ministry Assistants Training

 

 
Posted by Picasa


I spent most of this week in Clinton, MS at Camp Garaywa for the MS Baptist training workshop for church ministry assistants. It was a nice time to get away for a few days and enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the camp. My fist experience at Camp Garaywa was as a GA after completing the 6th grade. It is much different to see it through the eyes of an adult rather than 12 year old eyes. I missed my family so much and was anxious to return home yesterday. We ended the week on a busy note by attending Preschool Parent's meeting Thursday night and then today I took Drew for the Open House where he met his teachers and got to see his room. I did not take any pics today but we will take some on Monday as I drop him off for his first day of preschool. We are all excited about this new stage of our lives. It is certainly hard to believe that he is already to this point, but here we are! I love him so much and would like for him to stay young and innocent but he will have to grow on up.
Lord, please help us to be the kind of parents you want us to be. Help Jim and I to be examples of bold and unashamed Christians. After all, our children ultimately belong to you. Thank you that you have allowed us the privilege of raising this precious child.

No comments: