Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just another random blog

Well I just kinda have some things running through my head today so I thought I would share.

First, I have to say that my husband and one of the guys I work with have given me grieve over posting J.C.'s stuff on the blog! I mean come on, it is an ultrasound pic. Besides, I have to give him things to be embarrassed by one day! Isn't that our job as parents!So the pic will stay, and I will not feel guilty about it!

It has been a rather topsy tervy week for us. On Monday night I got a call from the babysitter letting me know that she was at the hospital having contractions and she was only 34 weeks at the time. So that meant relocating Drew for the next day as well as worrying over her and the baby. I am happy to report that she is home now and the contractions have stopped but she will be on bedrest for atleast the next week or so until she can get to 36 weeks. Of course this is not how she wanted to spend the remainder of her pregnancy but I feel confident that all will be good. Please lift them up in prayer right now as they deal with the inconvenience of her being put to bed. They have a 2 year old too, so that makes things even more interesting. So Drew is now spending his afternoons with another babysitter. She is the Worship Pastor's wife here at the church I work at. I am so thankful that she is able to do this for us. She has a daughter that is Drew's age and a younger one that is 1 year old and keeps another 1 year old. He is the only boy there so I think that has been a bit interesting for her. Boys are VERY different from girls. So please pray for all of us as we get through the next several weeks doing things a little different than usual.

So of course with all of that going on it has weighed heavily on my mind about me having complications with my pregnancy. I am praying so urgently that God will allow us to have a smooth pregnancy without any major things and that I can work up till delivery. I know that if that is not the case we will deal with it and all will be fine, because God controls it all anyway. But for those of you who know me well, you know that I have every detail planned out to perfection and I like to stay on plan and schedule!! Everything has been fine and good with me and little J.C. He is kicking around in there a good bit now. He has developed a pattern of being active in the mornings, a little around noon time, and again around 5-6 in the evenings. I guess maybe he likes to let me know when he is hungry! I am still anxious for the kicks to be such that Jim and Drew and feel it too. I just think that will make Drew so excited. And yet I know I may grow tired of it before the delivery day gets here. I do suspect that this guy is going to be a bit bigger than my Drew was. Drew weighed 6lbs 11oz at birth. I am REALLY hoping this one would not exceed 7 1/2 lbs, just for the fact that I am already getting uncomfortable and anything any bigger than that could make the end pretty miserable. But again God is in control and He will see to it all.

So anyway, as I titled this blog it is random! But now you know what is going on with the Mayos this week!

1 comment:

Laura said...

LOL by the pics I could not tell where JC"s thingy was haha!!!!
I wonder who at your work was giving you a hard time! Shame on him :-)