Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Peaceful Saturday

Well I felt the need to update my blog since my last post was rather well, we will say edgy! I am happy to say that my week Wednesday through Friday was absolutely fabulous and incredibly productive. I got so much done at work. This is my busy time of year with all the year end procedures for the churches accounting.

Today is a very quiet starting Saturday. Jim is at a meeting at church, Drew is watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles(yipee), and I am blogging and catching up on emails. I am actually sitting here with a stack of bibles, Sunday School books and Bible study books that I need to be putting the final touches on for Sunday but have opted to do this first. It is rainy out today and it just makes it the perfect conditions for a quiet do nothing day!

Last night Jim and Drew along with my brother-in-law and their 3 older boys all went to the Monster Truck Jam at the FedEx Forum. They had a blast, well the kids anyway. I really think that Todd and Jim secretly loved it but would NEVER admit that to us!! This was part of Drew's Christmas presents that they got to go. My sisters family had gone last year and we decided it was a perfect father/son event and that we would graciously agree to keep Matthew, their 7 month old, so that all the guys could enjoy this unique bonding experience! Sooooo, Elizabeth, mom and I had a girls night! I know some of you are thinking we planned this on purpose to have our own fun and to leave the guys with the task of going to the truck show, but remember we did have to keep the baby! We really had a great time too. We went to the nursing home in Senatobia and spent about 30 minutes visiting with my grandmother. She was in a wonderful mood last night and it made the visit a good one. We then went to have dinner at one of the Mexican places their in town. We ended up back at my mom's house to watch Momma Mia, which I had not seen. We had our own Spa while we watched the movies. Usually I am the one who has to do everyone's pedicures and stuff but since I am pregnant and not able to sit around on the floor for long periods of time right now, my sister ended up being the one to do this for me and my mom last night. It was really nice and I truly appreciate her doing it, you are awesome Elizabeth!! We had some cobbler and ice cream for dessert and just enjoyed getting to be together. I think Matthew particularly enjoyed his night out with the girls. He had the undivided attention of all three of us. I am sure he was thinking to himself that he could handle this all the time and there was no need to go home to those 3 brothers!! He truly is the best baby ever. He hardly cries and he is so easy to please. I am praying that God will give me one that good!

Well that is what is going on with the Mayos. I hope all you have a great weekend!

No comments: