Monday, January 19, 2009

Preparing for J.C.'s arrival

So I have kinda had the nesting bug this past weekend. I guess since finding out that we will indeed be having a precious little boy I decided to get all the clothing out of the attic and get it washed up and ready. It was a big task but we did get it all done. It was very sentimental to look through all the clothes that Drew once wore. I was able to recall special moments or who that special person was that gave us that particular outfit. It truly is wonderful to know that all the cute things that we once dressed Drew in we will now be able to use for J.C. I have some pictures of the room to share, so enjoy!


This is a baby glider that was given to us by my sister's mother-in-law. It is really neat. It plays music and glides back and forth and also allows you to turn the seat around so it glides side to side or front to back.


This is a baby Papason seat. Also given to us by my sister's mother-in-law. We do not have a bouncer seat, so this will basically take the place of that. It vibrates and plays music. It has a really soft fabric to it, so it is really nice. It also has the blanket that attaches with velcro.


Here is just another shot of the bed. It has our bobby pillow in it now, all cleaned up and ready to go! Also a few stuffed animals that we had put up that will now be part of J.C.'s room.


This is J.C.'s Baby Book. It is not anything fancy, but I learned with Drew that having a great big book and trying to shove extra things all in it is not practical. So I decided for more of a basic book this time and we will include lots of pics in it of all the important stuff!


Here are all the clothes that we got hung up. There are two storage cabinets in the closet full of clothes too! This is mostly stuff we had with Drew and also quite a bit from my sister that was Matthew. Matthew will have his 1st birthday 2 days after J.C. is born, if all stays on schedule!


Here are the little guys shoes! He is pretty well outfitted for any occasion I think. I don't know that he will even wear these much. With him being born right at summer I expect to spend most of the time in just socks and no shoes, but we are prepared just the same.


Here are some outfits that I cannot wait to dress the little guy in! Two of these were Drew's and two were Matthew's. He will be lookin cute before we know it!


This is an elephant binkie that Drew picked out for J.C. I do not know what the technical name for these are but that is what I have always called them, and probably will continue to. He picked this out at Carter's the weekend before we found out the gender. We tried to steer him towards a neutral colored item but it did manage to be a little bit more boy than girl, but it worked out! He will bring this to J.C. at the hospital. I am sure there will be some other items added to the special big brother to little brother arrival gift.


And lastly, Drew knew I was taking pictures so he wanted his taken too. So here he is working on his train tracks. He has been building tracks all over the living room since Christmas. Most night we argue over whether or not they have to be picked up or if he can leave them down for the next days play. We give and take on that. There are some days I have to have the mess cleaned up and other that I just let it go. It will be interesting when we have an infant crawling around! There will have to be some boundaries on the train building then! For now we will let him enjoy the wide open spaces! Well that is all for now, hope you enjoy the pictures and now I am going to relax!

2 comments:

Jon and Kelly Pack said...

Planning and organization make me HAPPY - especially when it is for a precious baby. I know I will be about the 30th in line, but I can't wait to hold him!

Stephanie & Scott said...

It looks great! It will be here before we know it I can't wait!