Saturday, July 11, 2009

Time is flying...

Wow time is passing so quickly lately. We only have 3 more weeks until I am officially back at work full time and JC will be going to daycare then. We have 4 more weeks before Drew starts kindergarten! I am thinking that I will be a bundle of emotions those first 2 weeks of August! I am trying to make the most of my days at home but it certainly seems that our days fill up quickly. That isn't so much a bad thing, it is a good indication that we are all getting readjusted to our new normal of being a family of 4. JC is really an extremely good baby. He goes with us where ever we go and isn't fussy at all except when hungry or dirty. We have made some progress this week on getting to a sleeping through the night kind of schedule. He is now taking 7oz of formula at a normal feeding and at bed time (approx 9-10pm)he takes an 8 oz bottle! Yes, he is a big boy!

I do not know why I have such a complex about him being a chubby, big baby. I guess it is because I worry that he will be fat like his momma! Also Drew was always a skinny little thing, of course he was 3 1/2 weeks pre-mature and quite a bit smaller than JC. He is very healthy, I will say that! Last night he took the 8 oz bottle at 10:30pm and was asleep about 11pm and stayed that way until 4:30am! So that was 6 hours between bottles. He had another 7 oz bottle at 8:30 this morning so we will see what the remainder of the day and tonight holds. At this rate I anticipate introducing him to cereal within the next 4-5 weeks. It is amazing how much you forget when you go over 5 years between kids! I cannot seem to remember any of this with Drew or when I increased the formula or gave him cereal. My advice to any new mom would be to keep a journal of EVERYTHING!!!! One day you will need to look back on it as a refresher course for #2!
Here is JC chilling in the bathtub trying to suck on his hand! This is a new thing he has started doing. He still wants the paci but some of the time if the paci is not there he will suck on the hand and be content.

Drew is still as good a big brother as ever! He amazes Jim and I in that he is never quiet! His mouth runs constantly from the time he gets out of bed until we put him back in it! We tell everyone that we will not be encouraging JC to speak! HA! He is just a typical 5 year old boy, curious about the world around him and all that his mom and dad are doing. We are sure that his mouth will be his downfall as he begins school. He will undoubtedly be in trouble for the constant talking. We only hope he will learn quickly as he did last year in 4K. Last night he decided to put on the baby bib that was sitting next to JC as we were getting ready to go somewhere. Of course he did not mind posing for pictures in it because he is an absolute ham!

As far as I am doing I had my 6 week check up on Tuesday. All was good and I am released from the doctor until time for my annual exam in a year. I was very pleased that I have lost 23lbs since delivering JC and 15lbs of that was from my pre-pregnancy weight! I have been exercising every day and sticking to my gestational diabetes diet although with some modifications. I am not as strict about the carbs and I do indulge in some desserts from time to time. Overall though I am just trying to adopt a more healthy lifestyle.

Well that is what is going on with the Mayos! Hope all our friends and family are enjoying their summer! Ta ta for now, until next time!

1 comment:

calista said...

Girl, I'll take chubby and sleeping good over skinny and not sleeping well any day of the week. My first was up all hours of the night....second chubby, great sleeper! Not that I'd take one over the other, but you know what I'm sayin'....