Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just a few fun and silly things


Well here is a short video of JC playing on the floor this morning. He is getting very active now. I am anxious about Monday and leaving him at the daycare for the first time. I am completely at peace about the place we are leaving him, just sad that the time has passed so quickly. It is going to be a rough time in the Mayo house for the next few weeks. Drew will start school on 8/10, that I think is going to be harder than daycare! We are in full swing of "band season". Jim will be out of the house a good bit and I will be on my own more than I am really ready for. But God will be my strength. Today we spent our last day home all together by going to the Aquatic Center in Tunica with my mom. We had a great time. JC loved being in the water. Mom sat and held him most of the time in the really shallow part of the kiddie pool. It is a really nice facility and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for some indoor water fun!

I have a couple of really cute stories to share! The first one is a Drew story. About a week ago Drew decided he wanted to try some of my diet Mountain Dew with dinner. So far he really likes Coke, Dr. Pepper, and now Mountain Dew. So as we were eating Drew ask where Mountain Dew comes from. I think at first I told him Wal-Mart, since that is where I bought it. Then he concocted this story about how Mountain Dew comes from the top of mountains. Jim decided to get in on the story and told him that there is an old man on the mountain that brings the dew down and that is how we get Mountain Dew and the old man's name is Cleatis! Totally crazy!!! Apparently it has stuck because we have been discussing vacation options for next year and talked about going to the mountains. He told us he wants to go to the mountains so that he can go up on the mountain and bring down the Mountain Dew! That will be a good one to tell him about later in life!

The next story is a JC story. I am very happy to say that in the 9 weeks that JC has been with us I have not gotten majorly spit up on and messed on or anything gross like that. Well that all changed today. I was giving him a bath just a while ago. He really likes bath time and he has been really sleepy today since our swimming excursion so he was really just kinda chilling in the bathtub. I was done bathing him and just rinsing his hair of the shampoo. Jim was standing there talking to him about how relaxed he was in the bathtub and all of a sudden he starting peeing! And the fountain of pee hit me right on the front of my shirt! Not how I really wanted to end my day! And to top it all off, after he did it he broke out with a huge smile as if he knew exactly what he had done and found it to be incredibly funny! Needless to say mommy got a bath tonight too!

No comments: