Monday, March 1, 2010

6 Years


At about this time 6 years ago I was in a labor room at Baptist Hospital Desoto having labor induced with my first child after my water broke at 37 1/2 weeks pregnant. By 11pm that night, after trying to push for 2 hours, Jim had to make the decision to have the doctor perform a c-section. At just a few minutes past 11:30 we welcomed Drew to the world. He weighed 6lb 11oz and was perfect! Our lives have not been the same since! It is so hard to believe that he is actually 6 years old today. He is growing up so fast and becoming such a sweet young man. He loves to tell us all the time that he loves us. He has begun to pray quite a bit on his own lately. He will say some of the sweetest things to the Lord! It makes me want to cry now just thinking about it. I went to school today and took cookies to his class and was able to read a book to the class. He has a special hat on today. He was so excited about spending his birthday at school today. Tonight we are taking him to dinner at IHOP, one of his favorite places, and then to Walmart for him to pick out a baseball glove and bat because he will be playing for the first time this year in the OB City league. I will take more pictures of him tonight. Below is another one that I took this morning, he was showing off his new shoes!

No comments: