Monday, March 15, 2010

Birthday Party, Ear Infections, and Migraines

That is just about the order that our weekend took! Saturday we celebrated Drew's birthday with family and friends. He had a wonderful time and it was a great party. The morning was a little bit rough. The first dozen balloons we purchased were lost by mistake when they flew out of the van as we were loading up to leave home. We had to make a second trip to Kroger for balloons. Not the way I wanted to start things off and definitely upsetting but it all ended up good. I think all the kids had a great time and we had plenty of food to please everyone. Below is a slide show of all the party fun!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Drew 6th bday party
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free slideshow

After the party we came home, completely exhausted, and decided to go ahead and push all the clocks ahead to get us in gear to get to bed early. We managed to get to bed at 10pm new time, so 9pm before the Spring Forward, not bad. However around midnight I began suffering from a major migraine headache. Also JC seemed to wake up sporadically through the night that night. Jim did a great job of tending to both of us. Sunday morning I ended up staying home along with JC. He was running fever by this time and pretty out of sorts. He would not sleep unless I was holding him. By lunch time I gave him some ibuprofen and it brought the fever on down and he perked up. Thankfully he did not run anymore fever over 100 but just kept pulling at his ears. He had been doing that for several days so we highly suspected an ear infection. We planned on Jim taking him to the doctor first thing this morning. Unfortunately they were down one doctor and could not see him until 2:30 this afternoon. He does have a double ear infection and is now on augmentin for about the next 14 days. He has just gone to bed for the night with a dose of ibuprofen for the pain, he has been very uncomfortable. I think he will definitely be one of those completely helpless and pathetic men when he is sick!! Well my headache never really went completely away and sure enough it came on strong again over night last night. I tried to drive to work this morning but did not make it to far down the road before I turned around and came back to bed. I think it is gone for good now, I hope! Spring time is very hard on my migraines because of the changing temps and pressure in the air.

So, as you can see our Spring Break has been off to a rather rocky start, but that is okay. Jim and Drew are going to Batesville tomorrow to spend a few days at his mom's and do some things around there for her. They had planned to go down yesterday afternoon but then with JC getting sick had to shuffle their plans around a bit. I am thankful that he was able to do that because I was not really able to physically care for JC on my own today.

Here is another great picture I got of the boys last week, enjoy!

No comments: