Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Officially eating solid food at almost 10mon and only 1 and 1/2 teeth!

Well here is the proof...

He can now officially eat solid food. He has one tooth that is good and in and barely the corner of the other front bottom one coming through, but that is not stopping him! I had actually tried last week to feed him some carrots, peas and green beans that I had mashed up with a fork. He did not want them then. Well little did I know that he just simply wants to do it all himself! Today when I dropped him off at daycare one of the girls told me that yesterday he had snatched someone else's lunch! And that lunch was chicken nuggets. Now we have only been feeding him baby food so they were really concerned that I would be upset. Of course it does not really matter to me, we just did not think he was ready for it yet, but I guess he thought differently. So today I decided we would try it out at home since I had some leftover chicken nuggets in the fridge and some green beans. Well he loved it and got most of it in his mouth. He is still sitting in the highchair right now and Jim has fed him 2 jars of baby food in addition to all the green beans and nuggets! I really had no intention of him getting both jars that were on the counter, only one of them, but did not communicate that and Jim already had the other jar open and feeding it before I realized. JC is an absolute mess now! I do not do these kinds of messes! We taught Drew to be a very neat eater, my sister has the messy kids! Oh what will I do with him! I love him, and he is getting big so fast! Below is a video of the eating.

No comments: