Friday, July 30, 2010

Big things going on at the Mayo house!

Oh where to begin!

First, we are back in an almost normal routine. Jim has been in band camp this week and that has meant everyone getting up super early and leaving the house around 6:30am! We have also had WAY too much going on in the evenings this week, so as a result I am exhausted! I did exercise Monday and Tuesday and then the fatigue hit me and I have not made it since, but next week we do not have all the stuff going on in the evenings so I think it will all go much more smoothly. We have done well over all though. The kids have adjusted and are going to bed at a normal bedtime. I would like to say I am looking forward to a fun, relaxing weekend but unfortunately I have all our monthly shopping to do! I am planning to do this tomorrow afternoon after we spend the morning swimming. I do get to go shopping solo! That is a good thing and means that it will get done quickly, as quickly as possible when you have 5 stops to make!!

Well lets move on to big thing #2. We have termites. We discovered the problem on Sunday evening. We both handled it pretty well although we were both worried over the cost to take care of this. So on top of our already busy afternoons we have been entertaining pest control companies trying to determine who the best one, with the best rates, was to go with. We made our decision yesterday afternoon and they will be out on Monday to treat the house. We both tried really hard to keep a positive outlook on the situation and to not stress too much about the money. It was easy to quickly get down about it as we just spent a good amount of money on air conditioner repairs and then van repairs. But since issues typically come in 3's I will trust that we have had our 3 and maybe won't have any more major issues for a while! Truthfully though we are really so blessed. I tried very hard to cling to Jesus this week as I worried about the money we would have to pay for the treatment and yet know that God promises to provide for our need, not our wants. He takes such good care of us. As I looked to Him through this week I was reminded that even if our house was destroyed and fell down around us we are still so richly blessed and have so much more than many around the world.

And now for the 3rd big thing going on in our family. We have made the decision to leave our church. This has been something that we have struggled with for about a year now. We love the people of our church so very much and we have been actively involved there for a long time. We would have been members for 9 years on September 9. We have been there basically our entire married life. God has made it clear to both Jim and I that it is His will for us to be somewhere else. Nothing has happened at church to cause us to make this decision, it is just simply God's will for us right now. We have no idea at this point where that place will be. We will remain at our church on Sunday mornings until the end of August in order to finish out teaching obligations. We began this past Sunday and Wednesday evening visiting around. It was very different and a little scary walking into a new place. We would appreciate your prayers as we seek God's will. Please pray for Drew especially. I do not know if he fully understands yet and he sometimes has a hard time warming up to new people.

Well the last thing I will share today is our family portraits that we had done a few weeks ago. We will be ordering prints soon. Let me know what your favs are!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free picture slideshow

No comments: