Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Longview Point VBS

Well it is VBS week at work. I actually think this week, so far, has been better than last week when they were just prepping and decorating! This is actually the first time in 2 years that I have worked the week of VBS. In 2008 we went on vacation on the VBS week and then last year it was just a week after I had JC, so I was not here! Actually I was here a couple of days that week because we brought Drew and I just hung out for the day with the baby, yes I am crazy! But it is always a fun week even with all the chaos. Most importantly lives are being changed through the power of Jesus Christ!

Drew has been coming with me this week, so it has been a good start to getting back in a bed time and wake up routine. Of course it is not nearly as early as it will have to be when school actually starts but it is a step in the right direction. Technically summer is over for us at this point because Jim will be starting drum camp next week, so we are pretty much at the end of the really slow summer time. We have still been enjoying some free library movie rentals. Jim and I watched a movie last night and tonight I think we will watch one with Drew that he got, Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I have laundry to do tonight as well, but a family movie night will be a fun thing.

Drew and I are going after I get off work to buy school supplies! He is actually very excited about school starting. He keeps wanting to know how many more weeks. We don't have too many things to buy this year. We are not going to have to get a backpack or lunch box yet. We have an older backpack at home that we are going to use and last year's lunch box is still in good condition so we are going to just continue to use it for a while.

Well that is all that is going on today! I will do my best to post more of our week of VBS and take some pictures of the kiddos!

No comments: