Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Very Busy Week

Well, I guess the summer fun it officially ending! Let me give you some reasons why:
1. It is like 200 degrees outside and even the thought of being outdoors for more that 5 minutes makes me break out in a sweat! You gotta love some summer in Mississippi!
2. Jim has begun band camp this week. Well, actually just drum camp (color guard is having camp too but if he was in charge of that we would have some real issues!).

This entire week has been busy. I do have to give us all a little pat on the back though because we have done so good at getting to bed early or on time and getting up at a good time. Sunday night we were all in bed by 9:30pm! This is almost unheard of in our house! Monday evening consisted of me getting home from work, quickly preparing dinner and Jim heading off to a band parent meeting at the school. I forgot about the meeting so that just managed to add a little extra spice to the whole thing! But my wonderful husband helped me by getting our son bathed before dinner and we were able to eat together in peace before he left. Drew and I watched a movie together that night, Underdog. This was a really cute movie and I would highly recommend it. No bad language and not any of the off color humor that has become commonplace in children's movies today. While we watched the movie I did laundry. Drew became very interested in me folding clothes and towels all over the living room floor and wanted to help. Now my friends out there are cringing thinking that me, Miss Gotta Have it all Perfect, could never have handled letting a 4 year old help me fold laundry. Well I will have you all know that I did let him help me fold towels, did not point out the errors he was making, and did NOT refold them before putting them up!! WOOHOO, that is like major OCD progress for me!!! It was fun to see how he was so interested in being a part of what I was doing. I did not get any pictures of this, I should have. I will do better next time.

Now on to Tuesday Night. After eating dinner we decided to go to Walmart to shop for a birthday present for Drew's baby sitter's daughter. She will be 2. I already knew what I wanted to get because I had looked at the Walmart near work but I wanted Drew to experience getting to "pick it out". So I talked to him the whole way to the store about what he wanted to get her. He insisted that he wanted to get her a squeaky snake. I knew this would not be something she would want but decided that if he wanted to get a snake we would let him get one and put it in the bag with the other item. So we bought this snake and of course he had to play with it the whole way home. Well before long he started telling me that Hannah, the baby sitter's daughter, did not like snakes. So Jim and I started asking him why he wanted to get her a snake if she doesn't like them. It took a while to get him to finally say that HE wanted the snake. We then told him that if the snake was going to be his that he would have to pay for it out of his weekly allowance and that would mean going home and getting money out of his bank to pay daddy back. He gladly agreed to this! So when we got home he paid for his snake and we have now made our first purchase from our allowance money! A snake of all things!

Well yesterday was again busy with church last night and meetings. I have another meeting at church tonight and then we will be spending Friday and Saturday evening over at different friends houses! Definitely reaching our busy time of year. August calendar is already filling up with all the school/band stuff. Drew will be starting Pre-K on August 18!! He is so excited. I will definitely have the camera with me and there will be a post that day, probably one written through tears. He has grown to be a little boy so fast.

Well my blog friends, that is all I have for now. I will write again soon and hopefully have some pics of something!

No comments: