Sunday, August 9, 2009

Catching Up

Well I had every intention of posting to the blog last week and just never got the time to do it. It was an incredibly busy week! Jim had something at work on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday night so I was doing the mom and dad roles on those nights. Friday we had friends over, Saturday we went out and today I hosted a baby shower at the house. So I am exhausted and ready for bed but highly emotional in anticipation of dropping Drew off for his first day of kindergarten tomorrow! But before I get weepy again I will catch you up on the week behind us.

Last Monday was JC's first day at Daycare.

I really did good with this. I did not cry until I had left him and managed to pull it together before I even got to the office. He had an incredibly good week and I am so pleased with the place that he is staying. They told me everyday as I picked him up just how good of a baby he is. We do realize that we are incredibly blessed to have such an easy baby. We have actually had 2 incredibly easy babies. We certainly do not deserve it but are so thankful for it. Back to Monday, after I dropped him off and regained my composure I had such an incredible peace. It has just started raining lightly and it was still very sunny out. Just as I got parked and ready to get out of my car I looked up and saw a rainbow. It gave me chills, it was like God telling me that it was all okay and that He is there with JC each day just as He is with me.


Thursday was a special day for me and Drew. I took the day off of work to spend some time with him and to take him to the open house for school to meet his teacher. We ended up taking my nephew Ben along with us for the fun stuff! We went and ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A and the boys played for a little while. Then we went to the movies to see G-Force in 3D. It was fun and a cute movie. Drew has not gotten to see very many movies in the theater so it is always a very special treat when we do. Here are some shots of Ben and Drew in their 3D glasses.
Ben
Drew

After the movie we took Ben home and then went to meet the teacher. We will be in Mrs. Jo Nicholson's class. She is actually a member at The Point where I work so I am excited to have that connection with her. Of course Drew would not talk to her and completely clammed up while we were there! I know it will only take him a few days to warm up. I will not go on and on about it here because I plan to post a whole post on the first day and week of school.


And now I have one last pic to share! This is JC in his outfit he wore to church this morning!


I absolutely love this outfit! It was one that Elizabeth gave me to use that she had bought for Matthew. He was so happy after I had dressed him and when I put the hat on his head he laughed out loud! That is the first real laugh that he has done! I think he looked adorable in it. We have a wedding to go to this coming Friday and I think we will be wearing this outfit again for that!

Well until next time, that is what is going on with the Mayos! Stay tuned for much more info on the beginning of kindergarten for Drew!

No comments: