Monday, August 24, 2009

Where is the time going!

I am ashamed that I have not gotten an update on here for almost 2 weeks!!! I just do not have enough hours in the day! Let me catch you up to all the goings on of the Mayos.

On Saturday, August 15 Jim and I went on our churches annual canoe trip on the Buffalo River. It was a 10 mile trip down river and we survived it and only got mad at each other a handful of times! It went really good over all, we never fell out of the boat, and the only scary part was when Jim steered the boat directly into a tree and almost decapitated me! Seriously that was a scary few moments, I really thought I was about to get hurt bad but God was in control! We did have a wonderful time and plan to go again next year. We did take pics with a disposable water camera but I have not yet had the developed. When I do I will post some on here.

We are now in our 3rd week of school. Drew still loves it and we are seeing maturity in him already. He is doing really good at reading many words and sounding things out. He seems to be making friends. I have to say that I have been reminded many times already that we are in the "real" world now. No more church Pre-K program! Now is the time that our faith and home teaching will really have to kick in! Drew has really been asking many questions about Jesus and Heaven in the evenings when we have family devotion together. It is so awesome and humbling to think that he may soon be at the point that he will want to invite Jesus to be his Savior. That has been my prayer from the time he was born! I cannot wait for that day, oh what a proud mama I will be!

JC continues to grow a little each day. You will see from the pictures that he is changing so much. He is getting more and more active and vocal. He began sleeping in his own room on Saturday night. It was rather bitter sweet but it was time. He has done really well for his first 2 nights in there. He loves the waterfall toy that is in the crib. He is still doing great at the daycare. They tell me everyday how good he is and last week they said they took a poll of all the workers and decided that he is the best baby in the baby room. I sure hope he stays that sweet!! He is incredibly good, only cries when he is hungry or tired. I am not sure how we got so blessed but I am thanking God for it!!

Enjoy the picture show below.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Random Pics of the Boys
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: