Friday, September 11, 2009

Another Drew Story

Well Jim ended up getting the stomach bug. He got sick Wednesday afternoon but was pretty much on the mend by the next morning. I am still praying and holding out hope that JC will not get it.

While Jim was sick on Wednesday I had to take care of the kids alone. Of course we went to church that night and when we get home from church it is always a rush to get ready for bed. I was getting Drew in the bed. We were skipping the story and devotion that night because it was already past bedtime. We had just finished our evening prayers. I had prayed that night and just as I got up to turn the light out Drew ask me something about God and Jesus and I was trying to explain to him that they are the same. His next question was so funny! He wanted to know if God wears crocs! I just chuckled and told him I did not know. The mental picture I had as this point was from Isaiah 6, one of my favorite passages, of God seated on the throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filling the temple wearing a brightly colored pair of crocs! I wonder if God has to laugh sometimes at the things kids will ask about Him!

No comments: