Friday, September 4, 2009

It's Official: School is in and sickness has begun!

Well it has been an interesting week at the Mayo household. Last Saturday we had a wonderful day. It was a quiet morning and Jim got the yard work all done, even trimming all the bushes. The yard looked great and still does! Saturday afternoon was spent at my mom's belatedly celebrating her and my brother's birthdays. It was a great afternoon of just being together. The kids played outside and Jim was able to do some fishing. We came home and had plenty of time to get the kids bathed up and ready for bed. All was going really well! That is until I woke up at 5am feeling really sick to my stomach. It was not too bad and I just went on back to sleep after we fed JC. Then when my alarm went off at 6:30 I got up still feeling really sick. Well it was not long after that I found myself on my knees in front of the toilet! Somehow I managed to catch the stomach virus. I cannot remember having it anytime since I was a kid and it knocked me straight on my butt for 2 days! Sunday was awful, I spent the day in the bed or the bathroom. Monday I had to stay home because my energy level was zero. Jim had to take both boys to Hernando for school and daycare and then Drew went home from school with my sister-in-law. Jim had to go back and get them that evening. He was great to me through the whole thing! So Tuesday I went back to work, thinking we had it all behind us. We had a really busy week with stuff every night. Tuesday night was "Teacher Talk" at the school, Wednesday was church, and last night we had Praise Band/Team practice at church. We were looking forward to our 3 day weekend and to going out with some friends tonight. Well those plans got crushed when Drew woke up this morning with the stomach bug! He has been sick throughout most of the day. Hopefully now we are about to the end of it. Tomorrow Jim and I will be doing some major house cleaning and disinfecting. I am praying that he and JC will not get it. We have been washing our hand constantly and Drew is not allowed near JC. If nothing else I feel like we have been officially initiated as public school attendees now! This virus seems to be running rampant around the Desoto County schools. I do have to say that we have been so blessed by not having too much sickness with our kids. This is the first real stomach virus that we have had to deal with. God is good to us, more than we could possibly ever deserve.

Since I have once again gotten behind on my blog I am going to do a pic slide show so make sure you read the captions to see what the pic is of and why.I do have several new videos I would like to get on here but it may have to be done next week from my work computer, they just work so much better on it.

For now that is what is going on with the Mayos!

No comments: