Friday, September 18, 2009

First Baby Food Feeding!


Well I decided last night to try JC out on some real food! I am happy to say that he loved it! Carrots was our first food, I have more of that made up than anything else. I am making my own baby food this time. It went really good. I make it and then freeze it in ice cube trays. It actually took 2 cubes for last night's feeding. The trays I am using are really very small because that was only enough food to be equivalent to a small jar of stage 1 baby food. He has been eating a bowl of cereal at lunch and dinner time feedings for about 2 weeks now. He has done really good on that although he fusses quite a bit through it. He did not fuss at all with the carrots, so maybe he was just ready for something with some flavor! I am still having the day care just give him cereal at lunch time for now. I may start taking them some food on Monday if all goes well with it this weekend. I am pretty sure that Drew did not eat any cereal or food this early, but all kids are different. We go in for our 4 month check up on Oct 3 and I fully expect the doctor to tell me he should not be eating solids yet, to which I intend to respond that he should know from being a pediatrician that all kids are different and when he is ready to come to my house and take care of all the feedings for my child then he can insert his "professional" opinion! I will say that it is rather bittersweet that he is already to this stage. He is growing so much faster than Drew did. Drew was always a skinny little baby and JC is so chubby. They really are total opposites! JC loves his big brother though. He just smiles and laughs at him when he sits and plays with him. Even as Drew is tugging on his legs and throwing toys in his face he just smiles at him!! JC talks ALL the time. I mean seriously, everyone of you know that Drew's mouth NEVER stops, did God just think it would be funny to give me another one with motor mouth!?! The thing about JC talking so much is that I am pretty sure he has figured out how to say mama in his own way because that is what is sounds like when he is whining to be picked up or fed or changed or anytime other than when he is smiling and playing! It is a sweet sound though, well most of the time!!

Well I will close for now. That is what is happening in the Mayos house! Oh, one last thing, we are holding steady and staying well right now! I am praying that it will stay that way! I hope all of you are well or getting that way if you have been sick.

No comments: