Wednesday, November 19, 2008

12 Weeks Today!

Well today I am 12 weeks pregnant. I am excited to get to this point. I am starting to feel pretty normal now. My energy level has definitely gotten better. Just since Friday I have had much more energy. I have been getting up earlier this week than I have in the last 2 months! This has been wonderful because I have had a much more meaningful quiet time with the Lord the past 4 mornings due to more time. I am starting to feel the "fluttering" feeling of the baby moving. I know it is kinda early for that but I did some research online and it says that often women will feel things much more quickly the second time due to knowing more of what they are looking for in that feeling. I can only feel it at night when I am laying down on my side and being totally still. I believe this baby is very active. Just from the 2 ultrasounds I have had and the feelings I am having, this baby likes to move! That is wonderful though. This first trimester has gone by quickly and yet it seems like May is so far away. I know it will pass more quickly than I realize and that when May arrives I will be shocked that the time has come already.

In the mean time I am very ready to get in the "Holiday Spirit"! I am already listening to my Christmas music at work! We will be decorating the house next week while we are off for Thanksgiving. I am ready to have the tree up and all the little decor items all over the house. I really want to have Jim put lights outside this year. We did this 2 years ago and I do not believe we got them up last year. But I am going to work on that!! The main reason I want the lights out front is b/c the window in the front of the house is not a good location for the Christmas tree, so it is not able to be seen through the window from outside. I love seeing peoples tree from the windows and until we moved to this house I always did that with ours. But, you don't buy a house based on where your Christmas tree is going to be! So I convinced Jim a couple of years ago that we should decorate the tree outside the window in place of my actual Christmas tree being there! I had even bought more lights last year so that we could decorate the bushes and all. So that is what I am hoping for. I need to get a big star to put over the window so it will look like it is on the tree!!

I will post pictures next week after we get all the decorating done! We will be going to Batesville this weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving with Jim's family. I should have some good pics of all of that too. Bye for now!

No comments: