Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Beginnings of a Baby Room




Yesterday we spent the entire day cleaning out the once "Spare Room" and transforming it into the "Baby Room". I know some of you are thinking that I am a bit early for this, but for those of you who know me well you realize that Saturdays at home with not place to go are very few and far between, so we seized the opportunity! I am very pleased with the results. It took the bulk of the day to get the items that were in this room transferred to new homes. But once we got past that we were able to get the items from the attic, thoroughly clean everything because it was all NASTY, and get it all set up. In the midst of it all Drew wanted to "Help one another". This is what he says to us when he wants to help. Apparently they talked about his for a week at school and learned a song titled Help One Another, so he will sing that and tell us that we have to help one another. He did help us for the most part. I was glad he was so interested and not upset by all of this stuff coming down and being part of the house. He is still very excited over the baby. I did have my first sign that he does not quite get this whole baby thing last week. He told me in the car on the way home from work/school one day that I was going to be there baby's grandma. I immediately corrected him, I mean come on I am not that old yet!! I probably kinda laughed at him and explained that I would be the baby's momma and that daddy would be the baby's daddy. This was followed by a stunned silence. I realized this was the first time he had understood that the baby would be sharing us with him. I talked about it a little bit and ask him if he understood and he said yes, but nothing else. So I just let it go for now. I know that it will be a big adjustment for him to learn to share us with another person. He will be over 5 years old when the baby arrives and he has been the baby up till now. He still is my baby and will always be, even when he is 30 and has baby's of his own, and now I am going to cry thinking about him growing up. I better close at that before I am a mess! Keep praying for us through this journey, it is exciting and challenging all at the same time, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

1 comment:

Stephanie & Scott said...

I can't wait...the room looks great! I am so excited God has allowed us the friendship to go through this amazing time together. Stephanie