Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Decorating Done!


We have completely decorated for Christmas! We have our lights outside, and they look great and the tree is up and all the nick nacks are on the tables! It actually went up easier than it seems it ever has. It probably helped that Jim had the tree put together when I got home. Things look great and very festive.

I did have to run out to Wal-Mart to get some ornament hangers. We had thrown all of ours away last year b/c they were really showing their wear. I also wanted to get some of the sparkly, glittery, stick things to stick all in the tree to had a little more glam! As I was going to the store I was stopped at an intersection by a funeral procession. Whenever I encounter this situation I try to say a prayer for the family that is dealing with the loss of a loved one and I did that today, but it turned into a much deeper thought and prayer. As I watched that line of cars go by I thought of all the families that are now preparing for the holidays after having lost a loved one. From experience I can say that the first holiday season after losing someone is especially difficult. The people I have lost are still greatly missed each holiday season and every day for that matter, but that first year is hard. I know so many people that have lost someone this year. Even my own brother-in-law lost his grandmother just on Monday and they will be spending the Thanksgiving holidays having a funeral. I say all this to ask all of you to please remember those who have lost loved ones this year. We should lift them up in an extra special way during this next month of all the holiday gatherings. I know that this today has reminded me that I need to be in prayer for all of them. And if you are one of these people who has lost someone and you are reading this, then please know that I am thinking of you and your family right now.

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends! Remember to be thankful for how we are all so richly blessed by our GREAT GOD!!

No comments: