Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Truth about the Election

First let me say that I am so glad that today is election day because I a sick and tired of watching all the campaign ads! I want to look at some of these politicians and tell them the old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all! But this is the nature of our election process and the politics that surround it.

I left bright and early this morning to observe my right to vote. Drew and I arrived at my polling location at 6:45am. The line was at least 200-300 deep when I got in it. I ended up being there until after 8am this morning. I thought that was pretty good. Drew was so good the entire time. I was extremely proud of him. I tried to let him know exactly what I was doing and why. As much as you can explain this sort of thing to a 4 year old. As we were leaving the polling location he saw a young lady holding a sign for one of the candidates. He ask me what she was doing. I told him she was trying to get people to vote for her candidate. He then got a little curious and wanted to know if I voted for the people on the signs. I told him that yes, I had voted for many different people. I then told him that it is very important that people vote because our votes decide who will be our leaders. His response to this was "Jesus?". I was so proud to hear that come out of his mouth at the first thought of who our "LEADER" is. I said, "Yes, Jesus is really our only leader isn't He." Drew then says, "Yes, Jesus and God." Well I think that about covers it people, God is ultimately our leader, not Obama or McCain. The One and Only True God is in control of all of this and all those who will be elected to positions today. And you know what...HE already knows who it is going to be! So I will not be all stressing out as I watch the returns come in tonight, I will rest easy knowing the Jesus Christ will still be on His throne tomorrow, no matter who is our next president!

No comments: