Saturday, April 25, 2009

34 weeks and a trip to the hospital!

Well it has been a busy Saturday. Actually it has been a busy week. You can see from my previous post that we had the big zoo trip this week. Well this weekend was our annual Spring Ladies Retreat. So yesterday and today was a flurry of activity and a wonderful time of praising and worshiping our Great God. As fun as this all was it was also exhausting. We held this event at our local associational camp ground which means sleeping in bunk beds and community showers, not a bad thing for one night, but you never sleep that good outside of your own bed and then add 8 months of pregnancy to that!! Needless to say I am tired and rightly so. I also was on the kitchen crew so I did quite a bit of food prep clean up. All went well until about 11:30 this morning as we were just closing out our final session and I began to have contractions. Nothing too major or intense but I clocked them at about 5 minutes apart and lasting for about 30 seconds. So I only told my good friend Stephanie. We hurriedly got things finished up and took out on our way home. I came home and immediately packed a hospital bag and then sat down to eat lunch and begin clocking them again to be for sure. Well for one hour they were 4-8 minutes apart and increasing in intensity. So I called the doctor's office and the on call nurse called back and advised us to go on in to Labor and Delivery to see if they could stop them. So we headed there and arrived just before 4pm. They checked me all out and sure enough I was having them, about every 5 minutes and pretty intense. Fortunately my cervix is completely closed and I was not I guess in what you would call active labor. So they decided to give me some IV fluids and see if that would slow them down. I hate IV's and will now have a nice bruise on my arm to show for this one! They gave me the fluids and I had slowed down to the point of only have 2 in thirty minutes time so the on call dr decided to let me go on home with instructions to take it easy and come back if they were more than 4-5 in one hour or at the same frequency that we experienced early today. They said had it been about 3 weeks further along they would have likely gone ahead and done my c-section. So here I am trying to "take it easy". That isn't a phrase I really know how to adhere to, we will see how that goes! In all honesty though we need to really make it through May 15. That will be Drew's last week of school. I do not want to miss his graduation from preschool or keep him from finishing out his school year. So my prayer request at this time is that we can hold in there until May 15, after that bring it on!! I am ready for this to be over but I want a healthy baby that will be able to come home with me from the hospital and not require any special treatments. So please pray with us for 3 more weeks! We are in the home stretch anyway. Definitely no more than 4 weeks from this coming Tuesday. I am starting an official count down tomorrow as we will be at 30 days and counting. Most of my family does not think we will make it to May 26 so we will see!! I kinda want to start a baby pool to see who can guess what J.C.'s birthday will actually be!!!

2 comments:

calista said...

We're praying for you, and since we are praying expecting God to provide what we are asking for, I'm gonna guess he'll be born on the 16th!!

Stephanie & Scott said...

I guess the 20th.