Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Sad Afternoon

Well, we have just seen Jim off for the band's trip to San Antonio. It was rather sad. We had already had our goodbyes this morning which were more emotional and then we went to see him off at the school. I did not expect Drew to be so sad to see Jim go. It was all I could do to hold back the tears at that point. He wanted to go with his daddy. His just hung onto him. I realized this afternoon that this will be the first band trip that I have not gone with him on since we were married. In the last 8 years we have been on two trips, one to Atlanta and one to Disney in Orlando. He did go on one the spring before we were married and I really think that was the last time I have been away from him for this length of time. We have spent as much as 3 nights away which I suppose isn't really that great a difference from the 4 nights he will be gone this time. I think it is probably feeling so long this time because I am pregnant and more emotional than usual. I am not really concerned that there will be any baby action in the next few days. All seems to be going well and I will have another dr visit tomorrow along with an ultrasound. That should make tomorrow go by rather quickly because the dr office is usually a 3 hour ordeal! It does not seem to matter what time I schedule appointments at, I am just there forever!! On Friday we will be going to my mom's house to spend the night and spend some of the day on Saturday with her and then it will be Sunday and he will be home.

Please pray for the band and all the adults with them this week as they travel It will be a hard trip as they will be sleeping on the bus tonight and starting their day off early tomorrow at 6am. Pray for Drew and I as we are on our own for a few days, as well as the other band directors wife and child who are home and all the moms and dads that sent their kids off today.

No comments: