Saturday, April 4, 2009

Little Fisherman


Okay, so you can see by the date on the pic and the date on this blog that I am behind on the blog! I have a good excuse though; 1. I am pregnant, that should be enough! 2. I was out of town on Monday and Tuesday for work and have now been behind all week. So that is why you are just now seeing Drew's first big catch. This was last Saturday at my mom's house. If you remember that day you will know that it was incredibly cold compared to the temps we are now getting accustomed to and it was extremely windy. Needless to say fishing did not last really long. Drew caught this fish almost as soon as his Finding Nemo pole hit the water. He was so excited. Of course I ran out there to get the picture of it. He pretty much came back in right after he caught this fish because it was too cold for him. Now Jim and my dad on the other hand decided that they would need to stay out there because they could not be outdone by a 5 year old! They had no luck and both ended up in the house less than 15 minutes after the big catch of the day! I think it was a really neat thing for Jim and Drew to experience together. Jim loves to fish and of course wants his boys to love this activity with him. We will be having the second annual Lyon family fishing rodeo on May 9, so hopefully Drew will get some equally as impressive on that day. Just in case any of you are wondering if this love for fishing is something both his parents share let me set your mind at ease. NO I do not fish! I do not touch bait, fish, anything slimy or wet! I used to think it would be fun to fish with Jim if he did all the gross stuff for me until he took me one time. I like to talk you see and pass the time and he can sit there and watch a cork bob around in the water for hours and never say a word. That is not my idea of a good time! This will just have to be one of those special father and son activities.

No comments: