Monday, June 8, 2009

Catching up on the last week

Well I have not made the time to get a post up in the last week. I figured I would post one tonight with a few various pics from the last week and then tomorrow I will do a 2 week post on JC.

First I give you a picture of Drew's new favorite activity. About a week ago I logged onto Playhouse Disney online and let him play some games and do some activities on there. Now he is absolutely obsessed with it! He is constantly wanting to get on the computer. That is probably why I have not been able to post in a week. He really likes it and it is educational. We have been a bit indulgent with the amount of time we have allowed him to spend on it, but it is summer and before we know it will be time for school to begin and that sort of them will not happen on a regular basis.


Sunday was our promotion day at church. This meant Drew would move to a new Sunday School class as well as promoting into the big Children's Church and not the preschool one. He was so excited about all of this. After we had gotten ready for church I asked him if he wanted to take a "big boy" Bible to church since he was now going to a new class and Children's Church. Of course he wanted to. I have had a Bible put up for him for some time that I bought when he was probably only about a year old when it was on sale. So I went and got it out. He was so proud of the Bible. I told him we would have to go to Lifeway and get him a Bible cover like mine and daddy's so that it will be easier for him to carry it. After we got to church I was sitting and feeding JC a bottle in the sanctuary. My friend Steph and her family arrived at church not long after us. Rebecca is just a year younger than Drew. They are good friends and play well together. She came to see the baby and of course Drew had to show her his new Bible. So they sat on the stairs there at the altar and he showed her his Bible. It was just too sweet not to capture a picture. It is not the best pic but after I got the first one they knew what I was doing and kept trying to look at me when I would shoot the camera!


And to finish up on what has gone on this last week I will tell you about my Girls Night Out on Friday! My friends Steph, Charity and Leigh all took me out for a post-pregnancy feast! Since I was not able to enjoy many of my favorite foods during my pregnancy, like pasta, we had planned this special night to go out and enjoy some great Italian food at the Spaghetti Warehouse downtown! It was such a fun time. We ate and just visited for a really long time. JC went with us and he just ate up all the attention, really he slept through most of it! After we ate dinner we headed back toward Mississippi and stopped at Longhorn for some dessert and for me coffee. Again we had a fabulous time of visiting and cutting up a good bit in that restaurant. Leigh and her family are preparing to leave on the mission field to serve in Wyoming. They will be leaving later this month, so this was one of our last opportunities to get together before they will leave. It was so much fun and I cannot wait until we can do it again, although it will be bittersweet without Leigh with us!


Well that will catch us all up for now! Tomorrow JC will have his first check up at the doctor so I will make a 2 week post on him and give you all the specs on his growth since birth. Until then!

1 comment:

Stephanie & Scott said...

What a great night we had! We HAVE to plan to do it again sooner than later!