Saturday, June 27, 2009

Today's post is really just another update of what has gone on in the Mayo household in the last few days. The first pic I will share is of JC getting his first real tub bath. We had just been bathing him off with a rag while he sat on the counter on a small mesh bath seat thing. I tried bathing him in the big tub about a week ago and did not have great success so we decided to just go ahead and buy a baby bath tub. This worked much better! Mom likes it but as you can see from the pic JC does not really care for it just yet. I think this is in part because he has had a terrible diaper rash almost since the day he was born. I am happy to say that it seems that if we keep powder on his bottom after every diaper change the diaper rash goes away. So that is the game plan! Thankfully we received several containers of baby powder as shower gifts so we will not be having to buy any for a while. Tonight will be his second time to get in the tub, so we will see if he enjoys it some better with a more healed up bottom.

Last night we went out for my friend Stephanie's birthday. We ate at the Olive Garden which is one of my most favorite places! We had a great time being with friends. We originally planned to leave both boys at home with our favorite babysitter Katie. One of Stephanie's girls was going to be here for her to keep also. Well I backed out of leaving JC. I completely trust Katie and know that she would have done a fine job of keeping him but I just could not bring myself to leave him yet. She did stay and keep Drew and Becca though. They had a great time with her and must have played very hard while we were gone because when we arrived home we found them both asleep on the couch!! These two are usually still going strong like the energizer bunny, so whatever Katie did to accomplish this I am jealous that we don't seem to be able to reproduce it! They were so cute laying there together that I had to get a picture.

Today has been a good day. We did not have anywhere to go today and I wanted to keep it that way! Jim did the yard work this morning, that was quite a chore in this heat! I stayed in the house and worked on a special project of making homemade baby food. This is something I have decided to do this time to help save money. I cooked 3 bags of carrots and got over 40 serving sizes frozen! Now that is an incredible savings over buying baby food! I cannot say that I will do this exclusively, maybe just on veggies and we will buy fruits. We will see how it goes. I am pleased with myself for doing it and it really was not that big of a job.

This morning before I started all the cooking the boys and I were just hanging out in the living room. JC had just finished a bottle and was having some good awake time and smiling so I did some picture taking and videoing of him. Drew wanted in on the act too, so I took some of both of them. Here they are...

Drew kissing JC on the head


My sweet boys!


No comments: