Friday, June 12, 2009

Meeting Nana Dean

Yesterday my mom and I took JC to meet his Nana Dean. This is my mom's mother. She lives in the nursing home in Senatobia. She was so excited to see the baby, as you can see from her big smile! She was having a very good day. I am so thankful that God allowed this to be a really good visit! JC is her 14th great-grandchild and #15 is on the way in Houston, TX! JC was great during the visit and stayed awake for quite a while and just cooed at her.


A project that I have had rolling around in my head for some time now has been to make a "Chore Chart" for Drew. This will be his requirements for earning his allowance each week. It literally took several hours to do this! I think my design was a bit labor intensive. Next go round we may just buy a dry erase board or Jim's suggestion was to just use star stickers. But I will say my chart is much prettier than just a plain old sticker chart! He is very excited about it at this point, we will see how long that will last! He is fascinated with "earning his checks".



Well Monday I start working again, officially. I have been in the office 2 days this week while Drew was at VBS and both days I did a few things. It was nice to kinda clean my desk off and feel ready to come in on Monday. JC will be going with me on the days I work in the office (Mon, Wed, & Fri). This will be my schedule for the summer. I will work from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays. In August JC will begin going to daycare and I will be adjusting my work hours a bit to accommodate Drew's school schedule. Lots of changes happening in our family this summer and fall. It is still so hard for me to believe that we have one starting kindergarten and now a newborn!! Thankfully we have reached a point with JC that he seems to be taking at least one 5 hour stretch at night. So we are sleeping about 6-7 hours, they just aren't all together! It has been okay up to this point. I know I will probably feel it much more when I am having to get up and go to work. It will be nice to only have to get up early every other day, then I can sleep later and hang out in my pj's on the other days!! Please pray for us as we begin getting on a new schedule in the next week. Thank you to all our family and friends that have loved on us since JC was born and blessed us with food, prayers, support and encouragement! We love you all!!

No comments: