Sunday, May 3, 2009

Baby Shower

The baby shower yesterday was wonderful. Jim and I are so humbled by the outpouring of love from our family and friends. We feel as though we are truly "ready" for JC's arrival. We are planning one last trip to the store this weekend to get the last of the items we think we need on hand before the arrival of our new baby boy. We did our big shopping on Friday. It was very tiring but we tried to stock up on a lot of things so I will not be sending Jim out to the store for a million different little things. We actually even did Drew's kindergarten supply shopping since after the tour we were able to get the supply list. It felt good to get that out of the way and not have that expense later on in the summer after the baby gets here. The only items we are lacking is a new back pack and 2 bottles of hand sanitizer which was completely out at Wal-Mart, I suppose due to the panic over the swine flu. It has been a wonderful weekend and this morning I had a great time in Sunday School with my kids. They really got into the lesson with me today. I am going to miss them as I take some time off this summer but I know I will need the time to adjust to our life with a new little one. I am thankful for my assistant teacher and his wife who will be filling in for me. It will be nice to be able to attend an adult class for a little while and just be fed. God is really talking to me about my prayer life right now. I have begun working through a workbook on prayer in my personal quiet time and I am very excited about what God wants to teach me through it. I hope that this time of great adjustment and change will be a good time for me to draw closer to the Lord and really lean on Him through all the ups and downs of having a new baby. I know that there is so much unknown in the days to come and that having a new baby and a 5 year old has challenges that I never faced with just Drew as an infant. I am to a point emotionally where I am excited, scared, anxious and overwhelmed all at once. I mean all that in a good way. I feel that there is a peace that has come over me as we enter the final 23 days. Thank you to all those who were with us for the shower yesterday, even in the unlovely weather, and for all the wonderful gifts that were given to us by those there and those that could not be. I am anxiously looking forward to each and everyone of you getting to meet JC for the first time! Please know that we love you all so much and have been truly moved and blessed by your generosity.

No comments: