Friday, May 1, 2009

25 days to go! 35 week Dr visit!

Well we officially now are scheduled for a c-section delivery on Tuesday, May 26th at 7:30am! That was the time slot we were praying for, thank you God, You are so good!! We will have to arrive that day at 5:30am to begin the prep. I am sure the early morning will be no issue since I will likely not sleep much the night before! So we officially now have 25 days left! 3 1/2 weeks! I can hardly believe it. It truly feels like it is upon us now. I have a baby shower tomorrow. My best friend, Stephanie, and my sister, Elizabeth, have organized this one for me for all of my church family and other friends and family. I am excited about it. I always struggle with being the center of attention and receiving gifts but I know all these people love me and my family and this is how we show our love sometimes! I am looking forward to some fun games that are planned and just getting to visit with everyone.

Let me give you the run down of the dr visit. All was good. They did a NST test on me (non-stress test monitoring). This is the same thing that was done at the hospital on Saturday. It tracks his heart rate over a certain period of time and he did great. I did have one rather strong contractions during the test but there is no regularity to the contractions and therefore do not pose any hazard or concern at this time. They also checked me for dilation and I am still completely closed. That was good too and means that I have not restrictions on my duties, just do what I feel like doing. I have started to swell rather significantly in my legs and ankles but my blood pressure is excellent so this is just a pregnancy side effect. It does make it a bit hard to walk around, especially by the end of the day or after I have been sitting for some time, but we are almost done so we will just endure for another few weeks. He is still incredibly active and rather painful at times with his movements, he is down low!

So all is good here. I will have pics to post of tomorrow's festivities. Have a wonderful weekend and most of you that read this I will be seeing tomorrow!!

No comments: