Friday, May 29, 2009

First 24 hours at home


It is so nice to be at home with my little family. We are all settling in nicely I think. The first night went really well. We fed him 2 times, he is having to eat about every 3 hours right now but he eats a full 2oz at each feeding and takes his bottle in about 20 minutes. I don't think every 3 hours is so bad if you don't have to work with them for a full hour to take it! So we were up 2 times to feed him and then several other times just due to him crying out or the noises he makes. He is a bit squeaky at times. I am sure after a few nights we will learn what sounds are just sounds and what sounds mean he needs something. He has been going No. 2 quite frequently and now has a little red bottom. So we had to break out the diaper rash ointment at the last diaper change. This is a bit different than with Drew, with him we often had to use suppositories to get him to go! So for the first 24 hours we are all doing good! I will post more another time, right now I am getting a bit tired and am going to take advantage of the fact that JC is napping and take a short nap myself!

No comments: