Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dishwashers, Dogs, and Downright Tired!

Well there have been many things going on in the Mayo household in the past week. I guess I will start with the first part of my title, dishwashers. Last Thursday night our dishwasher died. We knew that it was on it's last leg. It was the original dishwasher that was in the house at construction. So it was almost 9 years old. So knowing that I was going to be out of town for the weekend I decided to make a stop at a local appliance discount store and see what I could find. I did find a nice one there that had a small dent on the front and therefore was marked down really low. So I made lots of notes and came home and told Jim all about it and gave him instructions to go to Home Depot and Lowes on Saturday and to comparative pricing. He did that and found that the best deal was the one at the discount store. So he bought it and now we have a new dishwasher. It works very well. It is not fancy but it is a good quality one. I feel that we bought wisely.

Now on to title part 2, Dogs. Well we are dogsitting this week while some friends are on vacation for spring break. We have 2 mini schnauzers staying with us. One of these dogs actually used to be ours, Bailey. We moved into an apartment when Drew was 6 months old and she did not make the transition from house living to apartment living so we gave her to these friends from church. Of course to watch her with Jim you would never know that she left our house! She loves him and follows him around like a shadow. So it has been an interesting experience having 2 dogs in the house. I really want a dog but then I see the tracked in grass on the floor and I don't want to deal with it! I imagine that we will wait another year or 2 before we get another dog. Drew wants one badly and will probably be very sad when these 2 leave but I just don't think I can deal with a dog and baby at this point. Also on the dog end of things, one of my mom's dogs died on Saturday night. She was very old but absolutely the best dog ever. It was very sad to hear that she was gone, it will be very different going to mom's and her not being there. She still has Holly, the yorkie. Holly is rather lost without her companion so I expect they will end up getting another dog before long. It is hard for anyone to understand the attachment to a family pet unless you are someone who has a dog or cat that is such a part of your family. They truly do become part of the family and it is hard to let them go.

Now for title part 3, Downright Tired! I spent the weekend in Tupelo with my mom, sister, and aunt. We went to the flea market there. We left on Friday afternoon and went out to dinner at the Olive Garden, one of my favs! We shopped until almost 11pm at Kohls and stayed up late together like a group of teenagers! We went to the flea market on Saturday morning at 9am and other than leaving for lunch we walked the place until after 4pm! I was exhausted! I kept taking little breaks but by the end of the day I was just totally wiped and done. We all had such a fun time. It was worth the fatigue to have such a great time out with my family. If you have never been to the flea market there in Tupelo I would highly recommend going. It is a neat experience and you can purchase some great things. Flea Markets are not all junk places. Hopefully we will be able to do this again some time after the baby comes. Jim is always great about letting me go and being home with Drew, I am sure he will be willing to do it with both boys and let me have this special ladies time.

Of course this week is Spring Break for the school kids and teachers. So that means I am going to work everyday while Jim and Drew get to stay at home. That always kinda bums me out a bit. They are getting so much done around the house and yard though. My flower beds have been weeded and the grass has been mowed. He is trying to keep the house pretty clean each day but with the dogs being here that has been difficult. He is vacuuming each day and keeping it from getting too bad. This weekend he and I will be going to Nashville for a weekend getaway for the two of us. We are excited and looking forward to the time away and just with each other. I am sure I will have some pics and lots to tell you about that next week. Well that is all for now!

1 comment:

Jim said...

Look on the bright side. When you get home, there is usually not as much work for you to do because I have done it, as long as you write it down. Yes, Kathryn leaves me Honey-Do lists, and I do them. She is learning not to trust my one-track mind.