Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Need to Catch Up

I should have gotten to the blog this weekend, but did not. I will take my usual excuse of late, PREGNANCY! It was a very busy weekend. We had Drew's party on Saturday. It was a great party. He and all his friends had a good time. It was a low key kind of party. We just had some simple appetizer type foods and the kids had coloring pages and play dough to keep them busy. The adults got to sit around and visit, it was nice and relaxing! He got many wonderful gifts, we are so thankful for the outpouring of love on him. He has been having so much fun playing with all of his new things.

Saturday night Jim had a Wild Game dinner at the church. I ended up keeping another little boy from church so his dad could go to the dinner while mom was at work. The boys had so much fun together. I know Drew was completely worn out by the time Jim got home and it was bed time. Of course Saturday night was also Daylight Savings Spring Forward time. YUCK! I have never felt that the time change has kicked me in the tail as much as this year. Just today I am finally feeling normal again. I sorely missed that hour of sleep! Sunday morning found us all dragging out the door to church.

I had a huge surprise in my Sunday School class on Sunday. The kids in my class with the help and organization of my assistant teacher and his wife, planned me a surprise baby shower! I was completely shocked! It was so sweet of them. They had a cake and ice cream and gifts for J.C. as well as one for Drew. It was such a blessing. I love my kids and we have such fun together. I am going to miss them when I take time off this summer. They are wonderful kids and can be so sweet and caring. Also the sweet couple that organized it I cannot say thank you to enough. They are so precious to Jim and I and our family. They are truly great friends to have and would do anything for you. We are blessed to know them and are better because of them.

So that is all the goings on for now. I will try to post pics soon of the party and the surprise shower. Of course we have been playing soccer too and I have not yet gotten pics of that. I am waiting on a warm day when we don't have on extra clothes with the uniform.

No comments: