Saturday, March 21, 2009

Nashville Trip, Blog #1

Well we arrived in Nashville yesterday afternoon about 5:00pm. It was a trip not without it's adventures! We almost got hit on the interstate and encountered several instances of idiot drivers. We decided that the term "Memphis Driver" apparently does not apply to the city of Memphis alone but to the entire state of Tennessee! We managed to get here with me only having to stop for the bathroom twice! The second time we were only 13 miles outside of Nashville, I was not going to make it another mile though! We decided to stop for coffee at the Sonic after we had stopped at the bathroom. We had a very interested carhop. Well first of all this particular Sonic was one that the carhops have to wear the roller skates, that always kinda weirds me a out a bit anyway. Everything was good until the carhop started talking to us as the order was delivered. We thought this was a girl carhop but as the person spoke we realized something just did not seem quite right! So after he/she had left we saw he/she come out of the door again to take another order and I could see plainly that this person had a VERY prominent adams apple! So I was like that is a guy dressed as a girl with make up and the whole nine yards and wearing roller skates! WOW! Different, to say the least! So we left from this area to get back on the interstate. This town in general was interesting because every road we came to would only let you take right turns! So we had an interesting time trying to get back to the interstate and decided that this was the land of right turns only!

So we made it on to Nashville with no problem. Got to our hotel. We are not terribly impressed. First of all anytime that Jim and I stay in a hotel we usually get one with a king bed, that is what we are used to sleeping on at home. Well this one has two doubles, that is a small bed! I was almost tempted to just sleep in my own bed and let Jim have the other one! The beds are comfortable and they have all the newer clean sheets and bedding, no nasty hotel bed spreads, but that is just small! But we will survive. The hotel was free because we had listened to a time share thing last summer, this was our incentive from that.

Well now on to some good stuff. Last night we went to the Opry Mills Mall and did some shopping and dinner. We had a wonderful time. We ate at the Rain Forest Cafe. The food was awesome and I did so much walking that nothing bothered my sugar at all! We made a couple of purchases for the boys and I got a pair of maternity pants at the Motherhood outlet store. We had a good time. Of course we went to the incredibly huge Bass Pro Shop there, that was fun. I may not be an outdoors girl but I really like that store. It was a really nice evening. We were wiped out when we got back to the room. The walking really takes it out of me now.

Today we will be going to a percussion show somewhere here in Nashville. It is going to be fun. SBEC will have a group performing in it. We will be there most of the day. We plan to eat tonight at the Olive Garden, my favorite! If it is an early enough night after that I am sure we will find something else to go do. I haven't taken any pics yet but I am sure I will at the drum show and we will see what we can get today. We are having a great time! Hope your weekend is starting off good to. It is beautiful outside the window this morning and it makes me extra thankful that God has blessed us with a beautiful weekend for our trip.

No comments: