Sunday, March 22, 2009

Nashville Trip Day 2, Blog #2

Well it is now Sunday morning. We will soon be getting ready to go home. Jim is getting his shower now and I am sitting in the bed blogging! We decided last night to sleep in separate beds, weird but much more comfortable. We felt like we were in one of the old tv shows where the couples had separate beds! I did sleep better than I did the night before but man will my bed feel good tonight!

Yesterday was a full day of drumming. We both really enjoyed the drum show. Jim is now in the mood to write music for his drummers. It was amazing to see some of the talent out there. These kids wanted to be doing what they were doing, it makes such a difference when they have that sort of dedication. My only gripe is that so many groups have the terribly dark shows! I know that my opinion matters 0% to the people who judge this stuff but it really isn't that great to me! They do this with our marching band shows too. Everything has to be so theatrical now and be what they call a "concept show". What ever happened to just playing some good music that people want to groove to. Many of the shows were ultimately about death and destruction and don't even get me started on the ones that would take a portion of the scripture and turn it into a complete misrepresentation of God's word! I just don't understand the thought process behind the shows, but I did greatly enjoy it. My back end was killing me from sitting in those arena seats. They did have backs on them, thank goodness!

Well after the show we headed off to dinner at my absolute favorite place on earth, The Olive Garden! YUMMY! We had a wonderful dinner and a really great waiter, that makes all the difference. We then started to head over to the local mall by the restaurant but felt like we were a little bit in the hood so we opted just for the Target. I love Target. We walked around there for a while and found a few things to buy. It was a really nice evening. From there we just headed on back to the hotel and got ready for bed. We had our Olive Garden leftovers that we munched on just before going to sleep.

So this morning we are planning on breakfast at the Cracker Barrel and running back in the Opry Mills mall to the Bass Pro shop. Jim had found some shoes he liked on Friday night and he wants to go back and get them. I am going to look for some too, they had some really good looking shoes, who would have thought at Bass Pro shop! I am hoping by the time we get done eating breakfast the entire mall will be open and we can give it a good walk through before we hit the road, I will need the bit of exercise before being cooped up in the car for a while.

I hope all of you are having a beautiful and great Sunday morning!

No comments: