Sunday, December 19, 2010

Another busy week in the book!

Well it has been another busy week of Christmas gatherings and work and finishing up a semester of school. It was a good week. Drew had another great week at school and got to have a party on Friday. I think he brought home more candy from the party than he did at Halloween or the Christmas parade combined! I really do not know what we are going to do with all the candy we have here now! JC had a good week at daycare. It was his last week there. It was a bittersweet day. We are excited about him staying with Elizabeth's but we will miss all the people there that have been so wonderful to him. He had a party on Friday also. They did a book swap and he got a great Christmas book from his friend, Harris.

Thursday night we had a party at a friend's house. It was several families from our old church. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them and get caught up on things. The kids all had a great time. Jim and I both miss so many of our friends from there but we are also thankful that God has given us a great peace in our decision to join another church.

Friday night I had choir practice at church to prepare to sing our Christmas program this morning at church. I was so tired that night! I had to go to Walmart after the practice so that made for a very late night!

Yesterday we did get to sleep in a little bit. Elizabeth had a birthday party for two of her boys yesterday. Nathan will be turning 10 on December 23! I can hardly believe that he is already turning 10. He is such a grown up little boy. He loves to hunt and play in the dirt. He actually shot his first deer not too long ago. I am so proud of the great young man that he is becoming! Also, Ben will be turning 6 on December 29! Ben is Drew's best bud! They had a great party. The kids had a great time.

After the party we headed to mom's to celebrate Christmas with my two step-sisters and their families. We had a great evening of food and fellowship. We have a traditional ornament swap that we do Dirty Santa style.

So it was an incredibly exhausting day, but a good one!

Jim's mom actually came to the party at mom's last night and then came home to spend the night with us and go to church this morning. The choir performed the Christmas program during the morning service and the children's choir sang one of the songs so she got to see Drew perform as well. After church we went out for lunch and then she headed home. We came home and all took a pretty quick nap before we headed to New Prospect to see their children's choir perform. All of Stephanie's girls were in it and they did such an awesome job!! All the kids really. I got to see many of my kids that I had taught in Sunday School and in Awana, that was great!

Well, I am tired now and kinda rambling! So, I guess I will just close for now. I have not taken any pictures lately, I know that is just terrible, I will try to do better this week.

No comments: