Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Some changes at the Mayo house!

We have been very blessed through the years to have many pieces of furniture that were given to us from other family members who no longer needed them. We even have some pieces that were once in Jim's grandparents home that his grandfather made. We also have many items that my step-dad has made. I love having all this furniture that really means something to us. Over the years we have slowly replaced the items that were no longer in really usable shape. We have bought a bed and a couch and have been talking about a dining room table for several years. We have had two tables that my sister gave us to use as they got newer ones. While we appreciate this the last table we got from her is crazy ridiculous! It was driving us nuts!! We were on the verge of going furniture shopping and trying to buy something on 6 mon same as cash and pay it off with our income tax return. We are also planning some big moves with the boys over Spring Break. We have a bunk bed in storage at my sisters that we plan to put in Drew's room and have the boys share that room to sleep in and keep there clothing in and make JC's room the play room. Up to now JC's toys have just been in the dining room and living room, which was nice for keeping an eye on him but meant that toys were scattered all over the living room ALL the time! So I have been kinda anxious to move that stuff too. We have had a day bed set up in JC's room that we had even before we were expecting him, again a hand me down. It used to be where we would put Jim's mom to sleep when she would come up but now that JC is in there that does not really work, so she just sleeps in Drew's bed and he sleeps on the couch. So in the play room we had planned to put the tv from our bedroom and buy us a new one for our room. Well Saturday night the tv in our room just died! It was somewhat frustrating but we just let it go that night since we were planning for the baptism the next day and did not want to let something so silly get our spirits down.

Well, that pretty much gives you all the back ground info, now to get down to the nitty gritty of the story! The couple my mom works for is moving into a much smaller place and as a result are getting rid of a lot of stuff. So I told my mom if they had a table they were not needing anymore I would be interested. So mom called me on Sunday afternoon to tell me that they had a table that we could have and that she was there with my dad and uncle and could load it up and bring it to us. Well I was excited! I did not really care what it looked like, I just wanted the other one out of there!! A few minutes later she calls me again to tell me that she also had a tv that we could have. Well now I was just giddy! So they roll up to our house and unload the table, which I thought looked great! And a 27inch tv! Now mind you that the tv that had died the night before was 13inch! So now we not only have a tv in our room but we can actually see it! And we now have a great table in our dining room that is perfect for us and we were able to put the old table in the kitchen and create a little work/homework space and it will still work great for Drew to eat breakfast at in the mornings. I have pictures below to share with you!

The new dining room set up...


Our hutch was in our kitchen but now in the dining room...


The items on the hutch are new additions as well. The tile with our initial on it and the verse was a gift for Christmas from my parents. The karosene lamp and the dove candle stick were items from the home of Jim's great aunt and uncle. His aunt passed away several years ago but his uncle just recently passed away. Their son sent several boxes of items from their home for us to look through and disperse between us. When were were at my mother-in-law's for Christmas we went through them and these are two of the items we brought home.


These baseball gloves were also part of the items we brought home from his aunt and uncle. Jim's grandfather actually cut the patterns for the gloves to be made. I am not really sure how we are going to display them just yet. We got 3 so there would be one for Jim and then each of our boys.


Here is the new kitchen set up. We have all the computer equipment sitting on here as well as the stuff we need for homework time. The little cabinet next to the table is where we keep all the crayons, marker, paper, and coloring books that Drew uses and eventually JC too.



We are just amazed at how God provided these things for us! They were not needs in our life, but they were a want and we are so thankful that not only does He take care of our needs but likes to bless us with things we want too!

No comments: